Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
LS5

WTB OEM PW set up

Hey guys, I know you can buy the aftermarket Power Window set up kits on Ebay but I am looking for a full Factory OEM set up for a 1971/72.

would need the full wiring front and rear and leads to each window.

4 regulators with motors

4 switches inc master

if you have the relay for drivers side firewall then perfect as well.

of course I am way up in Canada so I will pay for shipping as well. please let me know a price and what you got 

Thanks 

Darren

Hey, Darren, good to hear from you - hope you are feeling some better!

I purchased my '71/'72 complete  factory power window system from Malibu 400 several years ago.  I believe he had two at that time and has offered at least one more for sale since then.  I don't know if he has any right now but he seems to have a source or is stripping first gen Montes himself.  Maybe you can PM him and see if he has any right now.

The system I got from him was very complete, including the harness, door grommets, switches, relay and all four regulators.  Of course, I installed it in my '70 4 speed so the square-cornered switches aren't "year correct" but they work just fine.  If you can only find a '70 system and the round-cornered switches are in working order, I would be happy to swap switches with you so we will both have the correct style for our respective years.  Just a thought ...

BTW, other than installing factory power steering, installing those factory power windows was by far the most useful modification I have ever done to either of my '70s.  I literally use them every time I take the car out here in Florida.

P3142461.JPG

P3142500.JPG

811.JPG

Hi Dennis, Thanks for the reply. I will try to search his user name and fire off an email. Funny how things turn so quick in health, after my kidney issues levelled out and I bought my 71ss I was able to do the full frame off lifting the body and pulling the engine and tranny and diff all by myself. Yes it took three years to do but was able to do it all, and then bang it hit again. Kidney went down the hill and was diagnosed with Granulomatous disease and Sclerosing Mesenteritis disease as well. I can no longer work and also have issues working on the monte on large items let alone other stuff. Vaughn and Keith have stepped up and offered to help out which is fantastic as trying to lift anything more than a water pump seems to be a challenge for me now as sad as it sounds. I would love to get my power door locks put in that I have had for a while and figured windows would be great to add at the same time if all apart anyways with the help of the guys I can get this all done. The superman cape I used to wear for years is now hung up for good thanks to health, so if I can find a full set up and buy it then I will get them to help install it. I have been told I will only be allowed to sit in a chair and point out whats got to be done and not allowed to help..... well I dont know about that I tell ya..... If the cape is hung up thens I must looks to see if I has a Can of Spinach somewhere that I may have to crack open uggggggggg..(old references)........

Thanks Dennis

Darren

Typically I have seen them for 500-700ish for complete set ups or you can get a brand new, all inclusive, switch style of your choice from vendors. I have seen ground up selling a supposed "looks original" set up, all 4 windows for 799. Just saying. 

41 minutes ago, sendo said:

how much are these going for?

I paid $400 plus shipping for mine but that was six years ago.  I'm sure I've seen two very large collections of salvaged Monte Carlo parts advertised on this forum in the past year.  I have to believe that there are still plenty of the original systems out there.  Maybe you should search the forum for salvaged first gen Monte parts and also contact Leo Konik at leo@koniksklassiks.com or (810) 334-4162.  I would expect eBay prices to be much higher, probably even more than the new non-factory systems at $799.

If you find a reasonably complete original system, remember that they will be 46-48 years old so you should plan to disassemble, clean and re-grease the regulator gear boxes and also refurbish each of the door switches and their respective connectors.  You will likely be very disappointed in their performance if you don't first refurbish the mechanical and electrical components and also liberally grease the guide rollers and tracks.

Hey Darrin,

If you have been following the boards the past few weeks you may already know that I wrecked my 72 Monte Custom on black ice.  I already posted the pictures of the car a few weeks ago.  Anyways, there is a chance that I will be parting the car out.  I will know by the end of the week or so.

The car has OEM power windows that were completely gone over, cleaned, greased, new wires, etc. and always worked great.  It obviously has everything from the horn relay to the firewall block on back.  The bad news is I'm not sure what condition the passenger side rear regulator is in since that is where the car was impacted.

I just wanted to mention it in case you were interested.

Thanks!!
Mike

Hi Mike, I tried to send you a PM but it wont go through. It keeps saying you cant recieve any pm's. your mailbox may be full.

Please send me one and I will reply. Thanks

Darren

Hey Darren,

Here is an email address for Rainer Seinz (Malibu 400) rainer.seitz@hotmail.com;   We have not had any communication the past 3 or so years but this is what I used when I wanted to contact him.  He lived in Vancouver, WA. just across the river from me.  I bought my Power Widow/Power Locks set up from him as well and all was complete, probably around the same time as Dennis had.   Rainer does buy/part 1st Gen's along with Chevelles & the like.  He has an eBay store also.  Don't know if this number is still good but is how I contacted him by phone in the past (360)608-0093.  I used to see Rainer at the Big April Portland Swap Meet but again, not for the past few years.

Nice to hear Vaughn & Kieth have your back as those type of friends are hard to come by.  Kudo's to you guys:2beers:

Wished the news was better on your health Darren and am encouraged by your activity regardless.  I hope Mikes 72 Custom can be brought back to life but if not, offering you the opportunity for a complete setup is awesome.  Having to gather all the pieces can take forever.:doh:

Doug    

35 minutes ago, sendo said:

If anyone wants to buy this system for a '71 or '72 Monte, I would be happy to trade my '71/'72 square cornered switches for the rounded corner '70 switches in this system.  I completely refurbished my switches and their contacts so they all make good electrical connection.  Also, my switches exhibit very little chrome pitting which is a common problem.  Just let me know ...

3 minutes ago, MCfan said:

If anyone wants to buy this system for a '71 or '72 Monte, I would be happy to trade my '71/'72 square cornered switches for the rounded corner '70 switches in this system.  I completely refurbished my switches and their contacts so they all make good electrical connection.  Also, my switches exhibit very little chrome pitting which is a common problem.  Just let me know ...

Hi Dennis, I will keep an eye open for some 1970 switches for you. I think George a friend of mine may have a full set. I will get back to you...

Darren

8 hours ago, LS5 said:

Hi Dennis, I will keep an eye open for some 1970 switches for you. I think George a friend of mine may have a full set. I will get back to you...

Darren

Thanks, Darren, that's very thoughtful of you!

I'm not desperate to get '70 switches as my current switches work great, but if someone wants to install a factory system in their '71/'72 when only a '70 system is available, I am certainly willing to swap.  It would be a minimal amount of work and expense to have a win-win situation with another member. 

Of course, reproduction '70 switches are readily available, but I see no need to spend that much just to have "year correct" switches in my '70 4-speed.  It still looks original in most respects but has so many internal modifications and option enhancements beyond its Build Sheet that it will never again be an "original".