Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
sendo

old/new member

been here awhile, but now a new owner and paying member.

does anyone have a wiring diagram my horn is not working

IMG_2048.JPG

Remove the horn shroud to see if the wire harness on the shroud for the horn buttons is properly connected to the plastic tube on the canceling cam. You could also test the horn by itself to see if it will blow with power and a ground put to it. Did you change anything since it last worked?

The wiring diagrams for the 70 are in the "Electrical Forum".  The horn wiring for the engine compartment, including the horns and horn relay are in the first diagram and the second diagram has the interior wiring.  

The horns pick up their ground from being bolted to the hood release bracket so first make sure you have continuity  from the negative terminal of the battery to the horn mounting.  If that is good then run a wire directly from the positive terminal directly to the horn wire terminal.  They should blow.

If not it could be a bad horn relay or trace the wires back to the firewall terminal blocks or in the steering column itself.

rob

Welcome and congrats on the new SS. Looks like a great car. When I bought mine it also had a horn that didn't work. I used a test light to test the horns. In my case it was the horn relay.