grandpa soon

rsorg

I am going to be  grandpa early next year,i was thinking of ( handing down ) my 72 monte carlo custom that i bought when i was 16 , i have already owned the car 39 years what would another 16 be , i wonder if this has been done in the car club before.,

Congrats on being a grandpa you'll love it. My daughter always knew she would be getting the car when im gone but now after my grandson was born she said, so I guess I wont be getting the car now. I smiled and said maybe your son will let you drive it :)

Roger,

Becoming a grandparent is great.  For me that happened almost 13 years ago when our granddaughter was born.  When she turns 16 I will be 71 and when my grandson turns 16 I will be 74.  To tell you the truth, I don't know that I will be ready to give up either my Monte or Model A by then.  

At this point my Monte and Model A will go to my two sons but like I say, I am not ready to give up either one of the any time soon.  They are already spelled out in my will.  The only thing that would change that is a family emergency that would require I sell one or both of them to satisfy family needs because the family comes before the cars.  i guess my point, don't be ready to give them up when a grandchild reaches 16, you may not be quite ready.

rob