Totally Not Monte Related

Rob Peters

Good Evening All..... Those that know me, know I retired about 5 years ago.  Then to keep active, I took a job about 3 years ago at a home improvement store.  I have really enjoyed working there because I really enjoy working with the customers and my teammates at the store.  I work in most any department in the store due to my life experiences but my primary department is Plumbing.  

Here is a kind of funny story.... With the Christmas Crunch, they have been using me in the Garden/Seasonal department.  We got our first delivery of Christmas trees on Black Friday.  We were supposed to have our second shipment of trees delivered last Friday but they never arrived.  Then we were told they would arrive yesterday (Saturday) but again they did not arrive and we were told they would arrive this morning.  When I arrived  today at 1:00PM  we were told the trees will  be there by 5:00 PM.   

This is where it gets funny.... Our company has a store in North Versailles, Pa. which is about 10 miles from our store and that was supposed to be one of the drivers first stops.  Again, we are in Pennsylvania..... The truck driver drove these trees to Versailles, Illinois instead.  Yes, it is funny BUT then again maybe not.    This truck should have made several stops at several of our stores in our area who were out of Christmas Trees which has cost each of these stores a good bit of money because people had to go elsewhere to get their trees.  It also caused some customers a bit of grief due to the shortage of trees this year.  These traveling trees may now arrive tomorrow morning.

rob

Hope with all that traveling that those trees are still in good condition when they arrive.  Here in Oregon, we are experiencing a Christmas Tree shortage due to the drought we had this past year in particular and the prices reflect that.  Many can't afford them this year.  Seems kinda funny in a State where the Douglas Fir is king, they are harder to come by. :B

Doug

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

If I was a customer at that store I would be “Out of my Tree!”

I hope you are not proud of that comment

rob

• Haha 1