different 700R4's ?

LS5

Ok Guys, time to help the simpleton out here.... I have seen plenty of 700r4's with the ability to thread in a switch into a port on the passenger side of the tranny and running the wire over the housing and connect to the 4 pin plug on the drivers side for the lock up.

The Tranny I have is a 1992 700r4 and has NO port on the passenger side at all. I am assuming because it is a newer 700r4 this is different ? it has the threaded speedo cable gear already which is lucky for me and also the 4 pin plug is on the driver side with enough wires for pigtales.

my question I guess is How do I hook up this lock up or is this newer 700r4 with a 4th gear different. I would prefer not to have a switch I have to keep turning on and off. I have heard there is a way to hook it up to your brake pedal and it does it all for you with no switch ? PS my car does not have AC or Cruise.. I plan on installing this in the monte for better gas milage over long distances.

Thanks Darren

2 hours ago, monte70car said:

Darren, there used to a 700r4 harness available at Summit racing. There is a pressure port on the drivers side of the transmission. Having a threaded Speedo cable sounds like an older trans or maybe someone changed the trail housing.

Hi Ert, yes the Housing was changed on the rear as it was in a 1959 Impala before and he had a speedo in that. The previous owner said it was hooked up and didnt use a dash switch but worked great. how it was hooked up he doesnt know but thinks it had to do with the brakes ?

doing lots of searching on this to make sure its done right.

Thanks Guys for the input

Darren