ROAD KILLING A 1970 MONTE CARLO

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

A U-Tube video showing these guys swapping a 70 Monte Body onto a Stock Car (Race Car) frame.  Abouit 26 minutes long and kinda cool how they had to shorten body to mount on shorter frame.

Any enjoy if you haven't seen it and hope Link opens for ya..

Brutal                :doh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUefSKCjP8w

Doug

Man I must be getting old...I watched the episode and all I see is a death trap they put together. How do they drive that on the street even for a short time, no one would insure that, no plates, lots of jagged unsecured metal that would probably tear them up if someone ran into them...I am not even sure of the integrity of the cage after seeing them cut out a main diagonal part of it. Then take it to the track and it lasts only for a few moments 👎       

Oh, and they wasted a good Monte shell on this "project" 🤢

36 minutes ago, 502ci said:

Man I must be getting old...I watched the episode and all I see is a death trap they put together. How do they drive that on the street even for a short time, no one would insure that, no plates, lots of jagged unsecured metal that would probably tear them up if someone ran into them...I am not even sure of the integrity of the cage after seeing them cut out a main diagonal part of it. Then take it to the track and it lasts only for a few moments 👎       

Oh, and they wasted a good Monte shell on this "project" 🤢

As they indicated, the Body was solid that could have been used to assemble.  It intrigued me how they decided to shorten Car to Frame.  I agree the Body was wasted, but was never intended to put back on the Street.  I believe this is basically similar to what they do to the vehicles they bring in.  Not sure how they dispose of them when they have had their fun.

Doug 

• 1 month later...