Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
Rob Peters

Maybe It's Just The Car Guy In Me

Maybe it's just the car guy in me or maybe it's  because I'm just not a cat person but when I saw the story on the news this morning about police rescuing a kitten from under a SUV all I could thin of is "Where are the jack stands.  

It sent chills through me seeing at least 5 or 6 police officers under this SUV with only a floor jack under it.  I could see the newspaper story..... "kitten lures numerous police officers under SUV and then scampers off after the vehicle falls off floor jack crushing all 6 officers, OSHA investigating why safety floor jacks were not being used"  link to story:  https://people.com/pets/nypd-rescue-kitten-trapped-under-suv/

rob

That is ridiculously dangerous and they ought to know better.

I had a friends father who the jack fell on....no one was home. they say he suffocated to death. I never even consider not using stands...ever!!!!

Steve

I recently bought a set of those Race Ramps wheel cribs and ramps. Those things are great, light weight and sturdy.