Trunk seal

Steve G

Hello,

Im looking for a company that produces a trunk seal that actually fits without requiring me to jump on the lid to make it close. Not sure what has happened in the past few years but the chevelle and monte carlo trunk seals have grown 3x the thickness they are supposed to be..

Im only looking for trunk seals that close with ease on the first try

Thanks

Steve

I bought both Metro Moulded and Soff Seal. I used Soff Seal because it fit better. The Metro Moulded is noticeably thicker and required force to close trunk lid. I still have the Metro seal in my closet.

John S

6 hours ago, John S said:

I bought both Metro Moulded and Soff Seal. I used Soff Seal because it fit better. The Metro Moulded is noticeably thicker and required force to close trunk lid. I still have the Metro seal in my closet.

John S

When I compared my Metro Moulded Seal to the original it was very close in thickness.  Mine was not too thick in any way.  The fit was excellent both with the fit into the body trunk channel and in the closure of the trunk.  

rob

37 minutes ago, overdrive said:

Date of mfg of the Metro seals may be the difference. The newer ones may be the good ones.

Dan

this may be the issue...

only the ends are specific to the companies... the universal "roll of weatherstrip" part comes from only a few companies. if they screw up then all the companies (soffseal, OER, metro etc) get the same screwed up product.

I have totally given up on soffseal products and tracking down NOS weatherstrip is getting difficult.

I was able to buy the trunk seal from GM up till a few years ago. They still had some in stock. I couldnt believe it. Wish i bought them all