Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
DragCat

Restored 1970

Dream on ... I'd be shocked if that car sold for half that asking price!

15 hours ago, MCfan said:

Dream on ... I'd be shocked if that car sold for half that asking price!

But it has the fiber optic light monitor system, that should be worth something 

rob

Good news for the SS454 owners !!

According to this ad, some of the SS454 are going for over $100,000

I think that there might be a few people who would consider parting ways with their SS454's if that kind of money is placed on the table.

Well glad I wasn't loosing my wits on the price. I know last year before traveling to Mecum Hagerty had 70 SS 454's in condition 1 at 50K. I know many don't like to criticize peoples rides which I understand, but since i'm in the market I like to get others opinions. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on which side of the coin your on there are no first gen's at Mecum this year. It seems, at least to me many "classic" rides are going directly to the consignment shops. Not good for me considering paying maybe 10K above owners asking $$ for the service not including traveling and such. Oh well maybe thats the new age of selling cars. 

I'm not aware of any SS 454 Monte Carlos or even any Chevelle's (LS5) that are selling for over a $100k LOL

I've even seen LS6 Chevelle hardtop in the last few years sale for under a 100k.

That's a very colorful add to say the least lol. I was offered a legitimate $27.500 our blue 72 350 car. Excellent condition but I thought about it and to build another Monte I would have not been better off so I just kept it!!

I'm also building the guy who made the offer his own Monte the way he wants.

I had a guy look at my 72 yesterday and he asked if I would sell it an I told him not for a dime less than $30,000.

3 minutes ago, Leghome said:

I had a guy look at my 72 yesterday and he asked if I would sell it an I told him not for a dime less than $30,000.

And what would you have done if he accepted your "I don't want to sell it" price? 😁

Bought another one that did not need as much work as we put into this one