air ride compressor

sendo

• 1 month later...

Sendo,

I purchased my rebuilt compressor several years ago from FGMCC member Bob Lyman (lastss).  I believe he is still in the business of refurbishing them as shown in this recent post (click on this LINK).  Good luck.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

They are a high pressure, low volume pump that operates by engine vacuum. There are 3 small check valves inside that must be clean and have the seats in good condition in order to build pressure. 

If it works, it's best to air up the system to about 100 psi with your shop air hose, and then let the compressor take the pressure up from there. The compressor should automatically stop at around 120 psi, give or take a few pounds. 

Dan

On 2/8/2019 at 4:20 AM, MCfan said:

Sendo,

I purchased my rebuilt compressor several years ago from FGMCC member Bob Lyman (lastss).  I believe he is still in the business of refurbishing them as shown in this recent post (click on this LINK).  Good luck.

Hi Dennis, I made it back to TN. Has anyone tried to find a company that could reproduce these diaphragms

Joe

Joe, I don't know of anyone but you might check with Bob Lyman (lastss).  Also, just a few posts above in this same thread it sounds like Grant MacPherson may have built his own diaphragm so you could check with him on how that is working.