PICTURE DISPLAY STAND

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

A few years ago I purchased the Picture Book that was used to display my Car photo's at the Car Venues.  It at that time fastened into the Hood Catch release mechanism & actually I felt got in the way from seeing the entire Engine Bay.  Last year while visiting my Brother, I saw this plastic Hose Reel that could be purchased on a spool of material.  One end had been broken off leaving just a base & stem protruding from it with a 1 1/2" diameter hole going thru the center of the Stem all the way thru.  I sat a 1 1/2" diameter piece of Stainless Pipe I found lying around and fit perfectly thru the Stem.  Also, there was about a 15" X 15" 3/4"  piece of plywood that I sat the Spool on & placed the Pipe into the Spool all the way to the base of the Spool.  I considered this a replacement for the Hood Latch location sitting it further away from the Car.  Can still be looked thru while viewing inside Engine Bay.  This is how I used it last year!  Pretty bare bones with the the materials I had found and used.

I have this past week bought some Checkered Flag Vinyl contact material, a can of Black Spray Paint, a couple 5" sections of black 1 1/2" PVC pipe used for the border (that also keeps base off of the ground) and using what I had originally prettied up the Display Stand significantly.  I also was offered some blue like reflective plastic material to enhance the Stands appeal which I cut out and used as garnish two places.  I did break the larger diameter piece while cutting out the diameter with the Skill Saw!  For now anyway, a couple pieces of wide black tape on the underside holds those two pieces together.  I have more of this material to use should I decide to go ahead and replace it.   I will probably find some type of rubber molding to cover a couple spots hiding my inside cuts on reflective material.  But for now, thought I would share what I had accomplished so far.  I will also likely buy a couple more sheets of the Checkered Flag material and dress of that center section from the base of that stem up to where the Pole drops in.  I think that will finish it for me!:2beers:    

Doug

DISPLAY 12.JPG

DISPLAY 13.JPG

DISPLAY 15.JPG

• Like 2

Added a little more Checkered Flag tape on Stem.  Maybe a little garnishment on the seams to finish if I decide too.  Anywho, this is it for now.  It's amazing what you can do with a few pieces of scrap and imagination!   Thanks for the Props and had fun building it. :yay:  

ps:  I liked the checkerboard design as my Car is White exterior with black interior.  Sitting in front of the car matches the car colors mostly.

Doug

DISPLAY 3.JPG

DISPLAY 4.JPG

• Like 1