Converting into a 72

MonteMack

The fenders and rad support are different. It is not just the grille, bumper and fender extensions. The headlights are actually in a different location between 1970 and 72.

Canuck, you forgot year specific bumpers, 72 only grille brackets also. Fenders can interchange with slight modification. 

MonteMack, what are you thinking of doing and why? 72 nose on a ????. If 71 a little easier. If 70, like I suggested you would be better off with a complete nose assy. 

Funny story, Saw a pic of a first gen MC at a Buick dealership service area, the write up guy's station, on a visit. We talked, he had a question why the headlight trim rings wouldn't fit. He said it was a 71 but when I saw the car it had a 70 ft clip. That's why the parts didn't fit and he didn't know the clip had been changed.

What is wrong with the 71 nose?  Fenders are interchangeable as is the hood. Also if you go with the 72 front end, you may have to change the front light harness.. idk if the turnsignal harness/socket will reach the 72 grille location. 

The 71 nose is fine i just love the 72 alot, trying to remake one my dad had in the 80s, so i would have to change the core support too? Or would the 72 fenders bolt onto the 71 fairly easily?

Ahhhh ok.  Are the 71 fenders and hood good? If so, the hood spear, headlight bezels, grille, bumper, tie bar need to r/r. 2 holes will need to be drilled in the 71 core support for the grille turn signals. Also the wiring for the turn signals.

If the 72 nose overall is in better shape, r/r complete nose. 

Ya both front ends and hoods are in equally as good of condition, appreciate the feedback MC and others it helps alot! Now lets hope this 71 is as rust free as the pictures and ad say it is 🤣