Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
Jared Richey

Date change...

just wanted to post this here do not make any reservations until we get this issue straightened out.

This is very frustrating when they told me it was set in stone for the dates last year there was no chance of it changing they said.

Jared, I wanted to let you know prior to our official announcement to the public tomorrow that - due to a scheduling conflict out of our control - the Great Smoky Mountain Auto Fest has changed its date to September 27-28, 2019. I hate if this causes you any inconvenience. I hope that we'll still be able to host your club on the new date. Again, I apologize in advance for any trouble this causes you.

Wow! That’s terrible. I’ve spent the last couple hours editing or deleting all our marketing with those dates (web site, Facebook, Instagram, message board).

Yep. At least it's still January is the only plus

Hi All,

Not to worry on the hotel.  We will still have the same hotel.  I have heard back from the person who handles the contracts for several hotels in the area and she is going to alter our contract to reflect the new show dates.  As soon as I have a new signed contract I will let you know so you can make your reservations.  Please, if you have already made reservations under the old dates, don't forget to cancel those reservations and make new reservations because this will not automatically happen.

rob

If you already had reservations under the old dates and have not heard back from the hotel with new confirmation numbers you may want to check back with the hotel.  OK everyone, I have a new revised contract with the hotel reflecting the new show dates so it is OK to go ahead and make your reservations.  My hotel contact sent me the following message, and I quote her:  "I have talked to the people who have made reservations and we are changing their dates and getting them new confirmations."  If you already had reservations under the old dates and have not heard back from the hotel with new confirmation numbers you may want to check back with the hotel to make sure they have cancelled your old reservations and can give you a new confirmation number.

rob