Not All Monte Related But There Are Dirty Pictures Here

Rob Peters

Well maybe I misled you with the dirty picture part.  I have found out that I have to have surgery 4 fingers on my left hand but I have too much on my plate right now to do that so I have a lot to do in a short time.  We have a house we are going to sell and I have to remodel the bathroom.  That and I am in the middle of restoring the Air Conditioning on my Monte.

Where the dirty pictures come in to play is the demo work on the bath shower is very dirty work.  This was a tile shower but water got behind the tile so I have ripped a good bit of the bath tub/shower walls out to get rid of the bad plaster behind the tile.  Now I have to put up new wall board and a new shower stall walls.

20190128_115012.jpg20190128_115020.jpg20190128_115034.jpg

And here is what I looked like after the demo...... more scary than the demo work....

20190123_142011.jpg

rob

I do not like the looks of these studs with the pipe running across them. That is too much wood cut away to make them a viable support for the ceiling and anything else above that area. Johnathon on the Property Brothers would have a cow if he sees something like that and so would Mike Holmes. I would never do anything like that myself and I am no construction guru.

Larry, Don't even get me started on Property Brothers.  For guys that are supposed to be so knowledgeable...... I would never let them touch my property.  I could count on one hand the number of times the have not had to come back to the owners and say "that wall we wanted to remove, to open things up, is a load bearing wall so we will have to install a special a special beam to support that weight at an additional cost of $$$$$$$$ (aka big bucks).

Come on guys, isn't that something you would have checked before suggesting removing a wall. 

Regarding my wall, that IS NOT a load bearing wall and those 2X4's are solely for hanging wall board.  Don't forget, the plaster and wall board also provides support to a certain extent.  This house is almost 80 years old so I am not concerned with the wall integrity.  More than likely it will be standing long after you and I are gone.

rob  

18 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Larry, Don't even get me started on Property Brothers.  For guys that are supposed to be so knowledgeable...... I would never let them touch my property.  I could count on one hand the number of times the have not had to come back to the owners and say "that wall we wanted to remove, to open things up, is a load bearing wall so we will have to install a special a special beam to support that weight at an additional cost of $$$$$$$$ (aka big bucks).

Come on guys, isn't that something you would have checked before suggesting removing a wall. 

Regarding my wall, that IS NOT a load bearing wall and those 2X4's are solely for hanging wall board.  Don't forget, the plaster and wall board also provides support to a certain extent.  This house is almost 80 years old so I am not concerned with the wall integrity.  More than likely it will be standing long after you and I are gone.

rob  

Correct you are Rob, it's just a partition wall, like many interior walls, put 'em where you want to make the rooms the size you want!!

On 1/30/2019 at 7:38 PM, Rob Peters said:

Far worse was Holmes on Homes...want a new toilet installed in the basement? You will have a new roof and siding on your house by the end of the show, lol.