Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
LS5

1970 SS for sale on Facebook

Hey Guys, Rich Emery has listed his project car for sale on Facebook that he had bought for himself and his autistic sone to turn into a drag car. But alas Rich doesnt have the heart to tare apart a numbers car with drivetrain so he is selling it... He is a link to it ....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1945616128888147&set=pcb.2209748359275148&type=3&theater&ifg=1

here is some info as well...

Must Sell! Rare muscle car. Rare color. Monte SS 454 with the factory horseshoe shifter. It needs paint, a bit of body work and assembly to make it decent. The 454, trans and rearend are all there and hooked up. The motor appears original, The frame and suspesnion are in great shape, doors are great no interior, floors and trunk have some rust, and some body damage on passenger side rear quarter. I did not care because was I was going to make it a drag car to have fun with my 20 year old autistic son. . Can't justify damaging the engine if it matches the body. Kind of old school that way . VIN and casting decoding. VIN 138571K189204 the block number up front 11K189204 and 10327CPD (curious about this number, think it means 365HP). The number on the back of the block is 3963512 (looked on ebay these blocks are expensive) LS5. Selling as a project if someone wants to restore it to her original glory. Mostly needs body work and interior. Has the factory big rpm guage built into the dash, reminded me of the SS chevelle dash clusters. Dog house is off and in my barn. My son ended up having a medical issue a month after I bought it, so ill never finish it. Its for sale, be a good car for a restoration. Think it has the turbo 400 transmission and 12 bolt position rear end.

Rich Emery is his name on Facebook and he has listed it in the Monte Carlo 1970-1972 page.
Darren

52441747_1945616242221469_903990169407848448_n.jpg

51706742_1945616172221476_6168585000070414336_n.jpg

51630124_1945616162221477_154675378785353728_n.jpg

51612581_1945616212221472_1052750733981515776_n.jpg

51591179_1945616132221480_4611382987009818624_n.jpg

51464779_1945616238888136_9052610794365124608_n.jpg

51444017_1945616165554810_4018198186106552320_n.jpg

51341499_1945616272221466_4532322882587459584_n.jpg

You know it’s my favourite 1971 colour! :)

Does anyone know what he is asking for it? I only ask because I don't have Facebook. 

Rich hasnt mentioned a price but I will ask him. He has asked for offers for now but because of the nature of facebook you can imagine the brutality of questions so far..... I will get back to you

Darren

Hi Guys, well after a lengthly chat with Rich. He really doesnt know where to start numbers wise as he and his son or more so his son didnt want to chop up a numbers matching 70 ss..... Smart young man.... it has a title so it can hit the road again and the title is current 2018, has the numbers matching drivetrain and the gauges are there in the dash . It is a classic copper car and built in Kansas, The frame is good and they want to sell in order to get something else. Long and short Rich is starting at $5000 but he has to start somewhere and its an Asking price and can go from there.

he has two offers of $2000 right now but wants a little more for that next project. so he is not holding out for 5000 just wants a fair price

He is open to offers and possible trades    317-319-6988 ask for Rich

Darren

On 2/9/2019 at 12:20 AM, MC1of80 said:

Does anyone know what he is asking for it? I only ask because I don't have Facebook. 

Tom,

Go for it! $4000 obo 😀

Darren, thank you for all the info! I would love to add it to my collection. It would look great next to my classic copper 71 402 4speed. Hmmmmmm

So Rich May have this Sold. He accepted an offer of $3500 from a guy in NY but is waiting for the deal to complete...... 

he doesnt have a deposit yet but.....

will let you know when its sold for sure, Rich did say the guy is saving it and is going to restore fully.

Darren

Hey Darren,

I'm that guy and he didn't want a deposit because he was waiting for the guy Tom from misfit garage to get back to him. 

As of right now he is selling the car to him. Tom is supposedly going to do a show about his sons condition.

I don't blame him but have seen the show and know they won't do the car justice. 

Would have been beyond cool to have the  classic copper 71 402 4speed car at shows with a classic copper 71 SS.

Guess we will have to wait and see.....

I just hope that Misfit garage  don't find rust on the car and run it over with a tank like they did to the red numbers matching GTO..... Made me a little sick to watch.

9 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Hey Darren,

I'm that guy and he didn't want a deposit because he was waiting for the guy Tom from misfit garage to get back to him. 

As of right now he is selling the car to him. Tom is supposedly going to do a show about his sons condition.

I don't blame him but have seen the show and know they won't do the car justice. 

Would have been beyond cool to have the  classic copper 71 402 4speed car at shows with a classic copper 71 SS.

Guess we will have to wait and see.....

Aha, so I have my Tom's backwards then....... haha    I knew it would be you that would save it and not the other Tom. Rich tried explaining things to me but I was confused and makes sense now. he explained about his son and Tomas Weaks etc... 

So its the other Tom that has not left a deposit and yourself (our Tom) that lives in NY and would do the car justice, I did say to Rich that the TV show guys wouldnt do it like we would do it. shame Tom Cant do his show with another car and about his son and that you can buy this one to go with your 4spd ..

Darren

Yeah, most likely they will put an LS in it, overdrive trans, air ride suspension and an ugly interior. Ruin another numbers matching car instead of non numbers matching or small block car. No offense to small block cars but you all know what I mean. 

they did not make many 71 classic copper ss montes,  you have to change that guys mind and have him sell it to dave from staten island.  even if you give him $ 5,000 its worth it.

Lol Dave from Staten island? 

So then how many classic copper 71 402 4speeds were made if only 80 402 4speeds were made? 

Hey guys I am late to the party as always. Tom love to see you get it,  over Misfit garage. I like the the show also but they would not do it justice. You are definitely the right Tom for this job.

I offered Rich one of my SS's as a trade with cash because I do not have the original motor, or a motor at all,  and that he needed it to run so he could move it around.  Rich sounds like a great guy trying to do the right thing.

I don't know how popular this color is but I have 2 SS this color.

Thanks again Darren for the heads up.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I also hope to be the next caretaker of the SS.

Rich, the owner  is only trying to do what is right for him and his family. I can't fault him for that. Time will tell though.

Willie, since you have 2 classic copper SS's, and you are closer....... Talk to me. Lol

I am here Tom, If you get it let me know, I can go for a road trip to Indiana. We can talk plenty on the way over. My stuff going no where right now, hands full with the 72 "W" code right now.

Lol ok Willie. 

I hope to take the trip to Indiana but don't think so. TV Tom is the typical car salesman. He will tell you anything to get what he wants. 

Only time and Rich know. Maybe I will also, soon. Lol

Yea I know the feeling sitting and waiting to hear the news. We both know he has to do what he has to do. Cross our fingers.

Good Luck we will see what happens.

Deal fell through with Tom Weaks and the Misfit guys...... Monte back up for Grabs......

Tom I sent you an email.........

darren.

yeah I hope someone buys it and fixes it and not be like that one guy who parted out and scrapped his 71 SS car because someone pissed him off on the internet.

he says he got 10,000 parting out well that's fine but why scrap the body when you were done someone would have built it

Hey Darren, 

Thanks for the heads up! I spoke to Rich and the deal is done. I pick it up this weekend coming up. Thank you again for originally posting the info. 

27 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Hey Darren, 

Thanks for the heads up! I spoke to Rich and the deal is done. I pick it up this weekend coming up. Thank you again for originally posting the info. 

Congrats TOM....... Thats Awesome. Another SS saved and going to the right guy and parked next to another Classic Copper car later.

Darren