Pittsburgh World Of Wheels

Rob Peters

It was a very cold day in Pittsburgh but a great day o take the grandkids to the Pittsburgh World Of Wheels. Some beautiful custom, unrestored and restored antiques. One highlight car was a 1963 Chevy Impala with 11 original miles. It was found at an old dealership and had never sold.

20190209_165136.jpg

20190209_154243.jpg20190209_153740.jpg20190209_153753.jpg20190209_153441.jpg20190209_153301.jpg20190209_153232.jpg20190209_150830.jpg20190209_150320.jpg

I found on line a documented story on the 11.4 mile Impala.  Very interesting information here on this car.

https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/blogs/under-the-hood/ex-lambrecht-1963-impala

rob

My parents purchased a 63 Bel-Air 9 passenger station wagon. My uncle Charles(dads brother) purchased a car very similar to the one picture but his had a Fawn Interior(tan). The dealer tried to talk him out of the Fawn Interior but my uncle stood firm.  When the car came in they sold three more with the same color combo before he picked it up.

color combinations were wild back then, I dealer prepped new cars '63,64. one odd one was a friend of my dads,  ordered a pontiac convert. red with blue interior

That '63 Impala was made in Janesville, WI.

It was displayed at the local Janesville Chevy dealership a few years ago. It was billed as a sort of homecoming. I snuck out on my lunch break to go look at it. Some of the details and the little things they found in that car are amazing. Like the metal plug that was drilled out on the assembly line so the antenna could be installed on the fender. Way cool.

Scott

1 hour ago, Its Just Me said:

That '63 Impala was made in Janesville, WI.

It was displayed at the local Janesville Chevy dealership a few years ago. It was billed as a sort of homecoming. I snuck out on my lunch break to go look at it. Some of the details and the little things they found in that car are amazing. Like the metal plug that was drilled out on the assembly line so the antenna could be installed on the fender. Way cool.

Scott

Scott,

You are right.  I saw that same plug.  There were several things like that that they had displayed.  I should have taken a picture of that too.  It is funny, they had pictures displayed.  The car was shipped to the dealer with the front carpet uninstalled and that was one of the dealer prep items.  For some reason all but one of the hub caps was installed but one was in the trunk.  It is a great time capsule.  

rob