Found a old vid from 98.

Guest Rice Racing1

Guest Rice Racing1

This is a lousy old copy of a VHS recorded pass in a street strip Monte I had. 406 SB naturally aspirated on 28 x 12.5 sportman pros. The exh is dropped but otherwise as driven on the street. You can see the et pop up at the bottom of the board at the end.

Don

th_100_1459.jpg

Guest Rice Racing1

Well the photog was the wife! The thing was done on a 8mm sony handi cam, transferred to a VHS tape which has degraded over time, then was recorded on a digital camera on video mode low res from the tv screen. It amazing it's as good as it is!

The convertor was a coan 10" 3500.

Why yes that was a 10.22 et from a 4000+# all steel 70, the only fiberglass was the scoop on the hood and the front seats, on M/T 28" x 12.5" Sportsman pro tires, with an naturally aspirated 406 ci, 11.1 comp dart iron eagle 215 heads on 93 octane with a dose of real lead 2000 octane booster.

You BB guy's got a lot of work to do to catch that little old mouse!LOL The MPH displays were out that T&T night but that setup normally MPH'D at 122/125 depending on weather.

Many a cocky BB guy's and 5.0 turdstang boy's were sreaming the cheater blues during the street/grude match races back then!

I mean who would have thought it by looking at the car!

Big car all steel, rally wheels, 3" pipes dumped at the rear axle with race magnum bullets. No cage no power adders of any kind on a SB. I know they were all thinking high 14's till I started it then they were thinking maybe low 13's high 12's!

Man I miss those days with that car!LOL

Don