Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers

Hey everyone. I'm new to the group. Here's my 71 Monte. I had a motor home run in to me this fall. Just wondering if anybody knows if there are any GM rear quarter panels in existence.  It was an all original car that I picked up at an estate sale. Last insured in 1990 before I bought it in 2014. ThanksIMG_20170604_174733_971.thumb.jpg.de26a05b048189437c44ebe07c6844b2.jpg20180725_210030.thumb.jpg.a78444e1e61b1fdda70ae31be26c16c8.jpg

Hello! Welcome to the club!!! There is a couple of NOS quarter panels on eBay. May I suggest you look at the quarter panels made by AMD. They look just as good as NOS if not better. I have NOS quarters and have purchased the AMD ones for another project. The AMD is half the price and you cannot tell the difference. 

Nice looking Monte Carlo. Without seeing the quarter in person, just looking at the pic. the damage doesn't look like you need to change the quarter panel. Just my .02

IMG_1669.JPG

KIMG18631.jpg

Justin, First off, welcome to the First Generation Monte Carlo Club web site.  We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member.  NOS quarters do come available now and then.  From what I have heard some of the reproduction ones aren't bad either. It doesn't look like there is very much rust on that original quarter.  The reason I say that is in looking at that damage I think it would be repairable.

rob

Welcome! Sorry for what happened to your car. Looks to be in great condition other than the recent damage. Same colour combination as my 71. As stated the reproduction quarters are supposed to be well made and are a lot cheaper than NOS GM ones. Good luck with the repairs and keep us posted.

I'm no bodyman just my insurance guy said it would need to be replaced. It did puncture it about a 2x2 inch hole. It's in storage until spring then I'll take it to the body shop and see what they say.  Thanks for the advice. 

Welcome. Good luck with the car. Look into the AMD quarter panels they are just as good if not better than the nos stuff I've seen and half the price.

Welcome Jordan!!!  Sorry to see that. As everyone is saying AMD seems to have great replacement 1/4s.