Cloth replacement seat covers.

70chev

Hey everybody,

I'm starting to look at redoing my front and back seat in my 1970 Monte. It is a bench and I have the black nylon, cloth-type seats. Where is the best place to get the upholstery from? Do the new seat covers come with the carpeting that goes on the back of the seat near the floor?  Also, I want to do a new seat foam in both front and back. So any help with that would be appreciated also. Also, if I need to replace any Springs in the front is that something I would order? I know when I sit in the driver's seat the bottom clicks. Any info or help would be appreciated thanks everybody!😊

Hi! I recommend legendary auto upholstery. I did the cloth bucket seats and rear seat with all their stuff. Cushions, and back seat packing. I didn't need any springs replaced but they have them also. 

I went with them due to them having the most correct "pleats" on our seats. I got a set of pui door panels and were very unhappy. I ordered a set from legendary and it is hard to tell the difference from the originals. 

IMG_0550.JPG

• Like 1

I am happy with my covers from Legendary. Note that it took about 4 months before I received them.

In these photos the front seat has the new covers and the rear seat is original. They match very nicely. They come complete with the carpet at the bottom on the back. I purchased new foam for the front. I got the new covers for the rear also but decided to wait until a later date to install those as my original rear seat is not in bad condition and I still have young kids. I did not bother getting rear foam as the seat was not used much so the foam is still in decent condition.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Hi! I recommend legendary auto upholstery. I did the cloth bucket seats and rear seat with all their stuff. Cushions, and back seat packing. I didn't need any springs replaced but they have them also. 

I went with them due to them having the most correct "pleats" on our seats. I got a set of pui door panels and were very unhappy. I ordered a set from legendary and it is hard to tell the difference from the originals. 

IMG_0550.JPG

Looks like we have the same car besides mine having a bench seat....Is that a cranberry red ‘70?  Nice looking!

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

I am happy with my covers from Legendary. Note that it took about 4 months before I received them.

In these photos the front seat has the new covers and the rear seat is original. They match very nicely. They come complete with the carpet at the bottom on the back. I purchased new foam for the front. I got the new covers for the rear also but decided to wait until a later date to install those as my original rear seat is not in bad condition and I still have young kids. I did not bother getting rear foam as the seat was not used much so the foam is still in decent condition.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Yea that looks great! 

Sort of in a similar situation here. Going with Legendary to re-do my front & rear seats, and the front & rear door panels. The fronts were done by the prior owner with PUI (from Tamraz, took forever he said). Look nice, but the pattern probably won't match the new seats, and the rears need done anyways. If I get PUI for the back I just won't be happy. Spoke with Chris over there and seems like all will be good with them. Also got an email from them with a 15% off coupon good for a day, but he said they will honor it for all my stuff.

They're about an hour away from me so I plan to drop everything off the week after next. It'll be a good opportunity to see what their shop looks like too. Sounds like they're a one stop shop for anything interior related because he asked about everything. Everything pretty much made to order so the timing could be from 4-8 weeks possibly (at least that's what he said in my case, but I may go with their 'Rally' style front seat covers & foam), so that may figure into your plans as well. They'll assess everything when it gets there to check out the foam, springs, seat frames, etc.

I'll report back what I find after I go there if you're interested to see what the place seems like.

Joe T

https://carsinc.com/

I bought my "material" from CARS INC in the mid 1980's for my 71, then had a trim shop do the sewing and installation.

They sell sets now and they are less than 10 miles from my house!!!

Thank you for the tips!! What would an upholstery shop charge to do the front and back seats if I drop them off? Just a ballpark figure? Want to make sure I am not getting over charged... 

Thanks!

My bucket seat combo cost me $300. It was quite a job as I went with the bolstered look on the bucket seats. More expensive but well worth it to me. My car was no where original so it did not hurt the value at all and I really like the feel

When I had mine done, the shop took off all the old stuff, blasted and painted the seat frames and installed new cushions,burlap and covers for both buckets and rear seats. I believe I paid 550ish.