Changing 454 ss badge

Joe marino

1 hour ago, 714024SPEED said:

It has clips in the middle and studs on the ends of the molding ,but the molding is bolted through the backside of fender . Here is a picture of the holes. Not the easiest job to get to the bolts.good luck

KIMG0321.JPG

KIMG0318.JPG

Ditto what he said, hard to get to, good luck.....

Ok that’s what I kinda thought I can access the 2 studs if I remove the inner fender protector but the third is super hard to get to . I was hoping it had clips I’m new to these cars just picked it up last April the car is really good was just trying to do the small things to make it better the car is almost perfect accept to the badge it’s showing it’s age I guess I’ll leave it alone don’t really want to pull fender off  thank you so much joe Marino 

I don't think you have to remove the fender. Remove the long rocker panel trim, and then you can probably just remove the 2 bolts that hold the lower part of the fender to the body, and some of the bolts that connect the inner fender to the wheelwell lip. Then pull the lower fender out and shim it with a 2x4 or whatever works. Make note of any shims at the bottom of the fender for reassemby.

Dan

• Like 1

When I had my 72 redone in 2013 we got it all together and then had to reinstall the fender molding. We removed the inner fender and the bolts on the lower part of the fender and gently pried it out. To do this it really helps to have small hands. Danny my body guy did have them and I am very glad because my hands are not huge but I could not get in there to do the job.

• 2 weeks later...

My drivers side has a couple screws in it like maybe someone  "cheated" putting it on?  The passenger side was in the car, I havent put it on yet, it had no holes for screws and it had no studs on the back.  Just holes in the fender for some kind of clip?

Resized_20190302_180804_7327.jpeg

Resized_20190302_180909_4358.jpeg

The screws through the moulding is incorrect. Both sides should be like the passenger side you have pictured. 3 clips hold on the moulding. Clips are bolted through the fender using the holes. 

The fasteners on the lower left of this photo is what you need. They have a stud that goes through the fender and a nut to hold them on.

s-l1600.jpg