Front ride height

Hi all, just replaced my top and bottom front suspension arms and reckon I’m sitting higher at the front than I was. 

The new lower arms only had an oval drain hole rather than 2 holes so I located the spring tail half way over the oval. 

Do you reckon this is correct or should I pull it apart again and turn the spring?

1F44F208-9A4E-4E28-A285-E027AA0E4CDE.jpeg

You could also measure how deep the old spring pocket are. I changed the control arms on my station wagon and the new control arms made it sit like a 4x4 with the same springs. The pocket on the new control arms were shorter and that made the car sit a lot higher. I have since went with a coilover front spring that can be adjusted for ride hight. Good luck

KIMG0132.JPG

Just been out for a cruise about and got to thinking about why it’s higher and did think it could be the lower arm pocket as the springs are the same and in the same position as on the old arms.

The thing is it’s probably not that much different and people wouldn’t notice but you get to know your own car.

What height in general are people’s Montes though measuring from the ground through the centre of the wheel to the arch? I’m about 26”?

5 hours ago, lowcadillac said:

Just been out for a cruise about and got to thinking about why it’s higher and did think it could be the lower arm pocket as the springs are the same and in the same position as on the old arms.

The thing is it’s probably not that much different and people wouldn’t notice but you get to know your own car.

What height in general are people’s Montes though measuring from the ground through the centre of the wheel to the arch? I’m about 26”?

You'll get all kinds of different mesurements  because they all sit a little different. I think it looks pretty good the way it is. One thing to think about is did you tighten the control arms in the extended position?  You should have the weight on the car when you tighten them up, I used to leave them a little loose when moving the car from where I put springs or front end parts to the alignment rack then tighten them up there.

Yes I do think it may be settling.I think I might just loosen the mounting bolts and bounce it a few times then retighten.

I did the job in my garage one side at a time as it’s not the biggest garage so had the jack under the ball joint when I tightened the mountings but not the full weight of the car I guess although driving it should have settled it I would think.

I do agree it seems just a little bit high in the front in the after picture.  Like Tony said, after driving it a little it should settle in a little bit, hopefully enough to satisfy your needs.  I know when I was doing my suspension mine seemed high all the way around when I was done but quickly to a satisfactory height.  When I did mine it had 36000 miles on it so it was barely broken in.  When I did my suspension I did everything to original specifications so I was a little upset when it sat so high but like I said it did settle back into the proper stance.

rob