Going Under The Knife

Rob Peters

Nothing really serious guys.... Only an out patient procedure.  I have been having issues with my left hand since October when I injured a couple of my fingers.  The pain I am having is being caused by Trigger Finger on all but my thumb.  Tomorrow morning they are going to do Trigger Finger Release on all four at the same time.   I had this on all 5 fingers of my right hand about 5 years ago and all went well so I am not expecting any issues.

It is an out patient procedure so what could possibly go wrong.... I say that with my tongue firmly implanted in my cheek.  You see back in 2012 I went into the hospital for an out patient procedure.  I left the hospital a month later after being in a coma for 7 days and ICU for over 2 weeks.  During that time I almost died twice.  A priest was called in and my family gathered but a lot of prayers pulled me back because I was not done here on earth.  Anyway...... now any time I have had an out patient procedure I go into a bit of a funk.  I know I will have trouble sleeping tonight with this on my mind but I have faith everything will be OK and I will be posting tomorrow evening.    Of course, I won't be typing as well since I will be a one handed typist since my left hand will be rather wrapped up.  

In any case.... please say a little prayer for me.

rob

Dang Steve..... Hang in there my friend..  Didn't realize you would be in the hospital that long.  Prayers coming your way my friend.

rob

• Like 1

Hi Steve and Rob!!   im right there with you!   just had hernia surgery last friday...all went well    im sure you will do well also...whats going on here...are us fgmcc'ers  getting old??   nah, lets just tune ourselves up then we can tune our montes up, put this all behind us   and have a great time in Carlisle!!!   and Canuck please try to come out again...last year we all had a blast           Brian

• Like 1

Thanks to  everyone for your prayers, emails, text messages and PM's.  All went well.  John, I had requested they do it with local but they demanded General Anesthesia.  They said doing this using General it allows them to better control heart rate, blood pressure and bleeding during surgery.

They are already starting me on Physical Therapy tomorrow.

rob

• Like 1

Other than some pain In the area of the incision  and several fingers it is feeling pretty good.  Also my index finger is very numb.  

I get the stitches out Monday and have two more weeks of physical therapy.  I counted 22 or 23 stiches.

rob

20190323_205016.jpg

I got my stitches out today.  My surgery was almost two weeks ago and even though that is a very short time it seems like it has been ages ago because I have been biting at the bullet to get back to working in earnest on the Air Conditioning on my Monte.  I thought there were only 22 or 23 stitches but I counted them as they took them out and there were actually 27 stitches.  I have never had removal of stitches to be painful but maybe because there were so many of them, about 1/2 way through it really started to be uncomfortable.  I had to ask her to stop part of the way through.  But.... that is over with now and I still have two more weeks of physical therapy with a therapist and then I will be finishing up on my own.  All in all things have gone pretty much as they should and I seem to be on the road to recovery.

rob

• Like 1