Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
dblsprt68

What is your preferred company for fuel/brake lines?

Hey all, I'm working on a Chevy truck right now, and want to replace the fuel/brake lines. I will also be doing this on my 70 Monte. There are several companies that supply these, but which is your favorite? Which ones are not copies of original, with different bends, ETC??? Thanks, David

Inline tube has worked for me. I have an extra fuel line for a big block from the fuel pump to carb if you need one. Let me know

I used In-Line tube and they fit great.

Bruce

I have the same question and what's the opinion on steel and stainless.

I have used and am going to use inline tube. The original steel have lasted this long so I'm using steel. On the Chevy truck, which have issues maybe the stainless is a better option.

my lines are pitted and painted silver but they are there

I have always used steel lines in the past but on my station wagon I used stainless steel. Had issues with the stainless leaking after use ,had to keep checking them to make sure they stayed tight. After a while they have stayed tight and have not had an issues since. I guess to make a long story short is if you go stainless make sure you really tighten them up.