Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
DragCat

1970 454 SS on eBay

A first for me, not accepting bid's its just an ad for sale and you need to contact the seller.

The front kick panels with speakers is a new one also, never noticed that in any other Montes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo/123691695055?hash=item1ccc997bcf:g:AKQAAOSw02FcjA-X

This is the SS from the cover of the original parts group catalog a few years back.  Looks to be a VERY nice Monte Carlo. 

Well being a cover car definitely would give it some street cred, the photo's look professional maybe from that cover shoot. I think from the photo's it looks VERY NICE too but i'm still a newb learning. Last trophy date I could read was 2016 so maybe its been off the grid for awhile, I haven't seen it listed on any of the for sale sites I visit yet. From the photo's provided I like the car but this would require a cross country trip to test drive and inspect. Anyone who would like to stay anonymous in their comments can PM me, I'll keep them to myself. I know some can go by pictures and speaking with the owner, i'm just to skeptical for this kind of coin. Plus I would have to arrange with the seller assisting in transport back east. 

it looks to perfect. some real pictures would help me, but iam not looking anymore. it's a very nice SS

The dash pad appears to be 1972 Dark Green in color, not 1970 Dark Metallic Green. The horse power decal on the air cleaner lid looks like it says 350 H.P. instead of 360 H.P it should be. It does look like a very nice car.  I like the green exterior and interior. 👍

3 hours ago, RealRed70 said:

The dash pad appears to be 1972 Dark Green in color, not 1970 Dark Metallic Green. The horse power decal on the air cleaner lid looks like it says 350 H.P. instead of 360 H.P it should be. It does look like a very nice car.  I like the green exterior and interior. 👍

Good Catch, spoke to the owner, the decal was the only thing available at the time of the restoration/build. 

I believe the steering column was replaced. Spoke to the gentleman for about 45 minutes, nice chat, seems very up front and genuine. Flying out Wed to give it the once over and hopefully buy. I'll update the thread in the SS 454 thread from now on so theres only one thread. Thanks for all the comments

12 hours ago, imr said:

did the ss get taken off ebay

Yes, seller pulled the ad so he wasn't getting calls while I was in transit to test drive and inspect. 

that's good. I lost 2 cars that way. i am glad the seller is working with you.