body seals choice

imr

I did see the soft seal paint kit. it is one I had in mind. do you feel the quality is close to original?. Did it come with weather stripping glue.?

I saw this kit, but it doesnt have all the seals and rubber that I need. I think that kit has the seals for the lights and the door handle and lock. I need window seals also. 

Ok. I have never seen a complete kit that includes all that. BUT, I purchased a seal kit, both door seals, trunk seal and both seals that run the roofline just under the driprails from Ausleys Chevelle. Soft seal. Yes the Chevelle is the same parts here. Then you will need the outer window felts also. Those are Monte specific. Well at least the quarter windows are. 

I'm sort of in the same boat, looking for all of that stuff. I did a lot of searching thru the old posts here and it seemed like a lot of people recommended 'Metro Moulded' as a supplier for the door, trunk, and hood seals. Soft Seal seemed like it has a good following too. I think some liked that the Metro seals were soft, as others had trouble with some vendors seals being too stiff and interfering with the trunk closing, etc. I've run into that before, big pain....

I saw those complete kits from OPG last week, but decided to order them separately based on the above. I ordered this paint seal kit from OPG though, and it should be here this week (20% off last week so I got it there):

https://www.opgi.com/monte-carlo/PSK977/

Seems like it is a "RESTOPARTS' branded part (OPGI's brand I think), but it is also available at Summit. Some things are, and somethings aren't from what I've noticed. If you had a bunch of stuff to get from Summit anyways, things like this might push you towards the free shipping threshold.

I haven't called Metro yet to order, but from what it seems on their website, they would have all of the other seals needed in my case.

Maybe I need to look at the list. I know I wanted the soft seals and the felt. the rest I would say is rubbers and bumpers. The plan is to remove the doorsbcleannup the jambs and reassemble. removing all the chrome and seals possible. so with that I am trying to determine what is best. 

a placed an order with soffseal directly. I called some of the major companys and all sell the same kit but parts seem to be on backorder. Soffseal advertised price wasnt  heaper but when I placed the order it came out to the same. I will let you know what I think when I get it