Original Tire Size

Can anyone tell me the stock tire size? I really also need the height of the tire. planning on a 4 post lift. My ceiling height is 9' 7" or maybe 9' 8". I want to put my 87 Monte under my 71 Monte.

I did a search on line and found this out. Stock tire are G78-15 and the height is 27.68. My TA tires are 245/60R15 and are 26.60 high. So I just picked up a extra 1". The lift I'm looking at states it will just make it> my only problem is you go up and then drop down to lock the lift. If I lose to much I'll be happy just to get one car up. I can always drive the lower car under as far as it will go. Thanks.

Hey Carl, My 71SS in my signature picture has the Factory Style G70 Wide Oval O's on it and thats the factory size for my monte in 71. Mine came with the rally wheels that took the G70, the 78's came on none rally wheels I believe but correct me if I am wrong.....

They measure 27.4 inches tall.

Darren

6 hours ago, MC-71 said:

I did a search on line and found this out. Stock tire are G78-15 and the height is 27.68. My TA tires are 245/60R15 and are 26.60 high. So I just picked up a extra 1". The lift I'm looking at states it will just make it> my only problem is you go up and then drop down to lock the lift. 

Carl,

I don't mean to be nit-picking here, but this sounds like a critically close situation based on your car's actual height.  I suggest you actually only "picked up" one half the distance between the two tire sizes or about .5".  The other .5" of tire diameter difference is at the top of your tire inside the fender where it makes no difference in car height.   You may be using a lift fit calculator that already takes that into account.  Hope it all works out well for you.

Dennis you are correct. I guess I got too excited about gaining that extra inch. I should of realized that being a Sheet Metal Worker all my life. Must be my age.

I'm home in Connecticut now where both Monte's are. I can just measure the height of both. that will tell me where I'm at.