WOW, A Coupon For An Extra Value Meal... I'm so excited

Rob Peters

Good Evening.... So, Patsy and I stopped at a McDonald's restaurant for a late lunch.  We waited in line for our order to be taken.  After this long wait to place our order it took another almost 25 minutes for them to serve up 2 Cheeseburgers and fries (a total of 35 minutes).  Being the very patient person I am, after almost 20 minutes waiting for the food I started to inquire "Where the he11 is our food" to which I was basically ignored and I decided to fill out the survey on the site listed on my receipt.

Today I got a response from someone at the restaurant.  He told me their goal is 100% customer satisfaction and their crew works hard to deliver that and he went on to say he is sorry that I "feel" they did not meet my expectations.  So he has offered a coupon for an extra value meal. WOW, an extra value meal.  Here is my reply.

"Mr. Rice,

I would be glad to give you my address BUT,  I do find it funny that you feel our satisfaction, our over 10 minute wait for our order to be taken and our almost 25 minute wait for our food to be presented without even an "I'm Sorry For Your Wait" can be bought with a mere extra value meal card ....
Rob Peters"

So, was I wrong in my response.

rob

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

rob

Not in the least. The McD around here has the most inept, slowest misfits I've ever seen. More than enough times the veins in my head had almost exploded waiting for a couple of Eggamuffins, only to be met with attitude at the window, and crappy hockey pucks for a meal besides. Talked to the manager one time after I got to work and she was beat down by the jackholes as well. I felt sorry for HER. It was semi-tolerable when they had 2 for $3 or something like that, not now at full price. I go back every year or so when I have to, but same disappointment.

By contrast, Burger King has a decent breakfast sandwich, they're very quick and the girls are always wonderful. Plus they have 2 for $4.

The last time I had McD's was three years ago. I always get indigestion when I eat their or Burger King food. My preference is Hardee's, it is a little more expensive but well worth it to me. Plus most of the time around here the food has not been on the shelf for 3 days.

Once a week I stop at the McD's on Hover Street in Longmont, Colo. For at least 6 months I have told a manager, every Friday, that the Heavy Bushes by the drive thru window need trimming so they don't scratch the car.  every Friday:  "...I'll try and contact the owner of the building...."

I asked the Mc Donalds across the street from where I work one day " Why are you guys so slow. Seems like you get slower everytime I come thru the drive thru"  Their response was we make your food fresh when you order it" 

They are also very rude to. My son worked at a McDonald's and the lady manager (if you want to call it a lady) would call my son stupid and other names. He didn't last long cause he quit. 

I quit McDonald's but the cruise in once a month even then I usually walk next door to Arby's.

Best restaurant for quick, and great customer service is chick fil a.

Amazing how fast you get through the line.

My favorite fast food is Dairy Queen,. just got back have to drive 20 miles at the county line for it. :(

We just had Dairy Queen tonight here at work , sent the boss out to pick it up.  :D

On 3/18/2019 at 8:22 PM, Rob Peters said:

Good Evening.... So, Patsy and I stopped at a McDonald's restaurant for a late lunch.  We waited in line for our order to be taken.  After this long wait to place our order it took another almost 25 minutes for them to serve up 2 Cheeseburgers and fries (a total of 35 minutes).  Being the very patient person I am, after almost 20 minutes waiting for the food I started to inquire "Where the he11 is our food" to which I was basically ignored and I decided to fill out the survey on the site listed on my receipt.

Today I got a response from someone at the restaurant.  He told me their goal is 100% customer satisfaction and their crew works hard to deliver that and he went on to say he is sorry that I "feel" they did not meet my expectations.  So he has offered a coupon for an extra value meal. WOW, an extra value meal.  Here is my reply.

"Mr. Rice,

I would be glad to give you my address BUT,  I do find it funny that you feel our satisfaction, our over 10 minute wait for our order to be taken and our almost 25 minute wait for our food to be presented without even an "I'm Sorry For Your Wait" can be bought with a mere extra value meal card ....
Rob Peters"

rob

YOU were absolutely Right to respond in this fashion, business people today DO NOT train there employees to use good manners. Thank You, Please, and I am sorry is not in there training at home or on the job.

• 3 weeks later...