window crank tool

rsorg

I took my car out yesterday ,after a long cold winter ,and my window crank knob came off ,does anyone know where i can get the tool to remove the clip behind the grey washer for the window crank ,thanks

Roger,

I just use a hook-pointed pick to reach behind either the door handle or window crank to pull the clip wire out.

535.JPG

534.JPG

• Like 1

Murray is correct, most auto parts stores sell this tool for only a few dollars.  Dennis' suggestion of the hook tool also works but be careful to not snag the door panel.  The suggestion by Kevin by using a rag is an old school solution.  To elaborate a little on Kevin's suggestion of the rag.  What you would do is take a scrap of rag and loop it behind the handle and then perform a motion like you would b e using a shoe shine rag on it.  What this does is the rag will catch on the ends of the clip and work it off.

rob

Go to this link, it shows the flat removal tool.  If you go part of the way down the page you can click on the video and it will show the shoe-shine rag removal process.  Here is the link:  https://www.google.com/search?q=window+crank+removal+tool&oq=window+crank+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l3j69i60l2.14652j0j8&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

rob