Steering wheel repair???

Crank

I read on another site that a guy repaired his steering wheel with JB Weld and repainted it.  Anyone ever do this?  Replacement is $325 Canadian.  Seems a little pricey for me.....B11B9767-F297-457A-9912-ADA1EB7A6903.thumb.png.a57a4a6766d1da2ced6537d1bc3823bb.png

Dale,

There have been a number of threads on this topic in the past.  If you start on the Forums page, first find the Activity heading and then click on the Search sub-heading on the far right.  Once on the Search page, be sure you are in the Content Search section and enter the three words "Steering wheel repair" in the Search Term box.  Then go to the upper right on the list of search specifications list where it says "Find results that contain ..." and click on the top option: ALL (three) of my search term words (this is VERY important or you will get every post with ANY of those three words in it - possibly hundreds).  You can leave all of the other search specifications in their default settings.  Now scroll down and click on "Search Content".  A list of prior posts with all of those three words (but not necessarily together or in that order) in the title and/or content will appear and you can browse them to get a lot of good information.

Here's one to get you started: LINK

Hi Dale, search for a product called PC7, it is a 2 part compound and works great. I've restored 2 wheels with this product. Lots of sanding and detail work, but you'll love the result!