Another wheel and tire ?

Ok I thought there was a wheel and tire sticky but I can't find it. My confusion is Back Spacing. What I have, stock 70 running 15 x 7 rally wheels & p225 60 R 15's no trimmed rear quarters stock suspension. I want to get a set of drag radials to stretch my legs at the track. I want to stay with 15 wheels and run a 235 60 R15 drag radial but I don't know what back spacing to get for the wheel. I currently have about and inch and a half clearance between the existing tire and the quarter at the top. 

You can run the rims you have now or if you want dedicated drag radials rims a 15x8 with 4.5 inch backspacing will work fine. Even if you decide you want to fill the wheelwells with a 275/60 r15.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 420ponies said:

Jeg's sells 15"x5" backspacing Rally's ..will fit with No Problems ...... mine with 275/60/15 NItto'spost-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg If you run into down pours,Slowdown!!

Yea James, thats going to be my direction, 15X8's 4.5BS with drag radials on the rear. Jegs has a we mount and balance too so I don't have to go to a local tire store. My buddy runs drag radials on his corvette and if he gets caught in the rain on the way to or home he says it can get pretty white knuckle driving. I'm pretty light on the gas pedal if it rains even with the BFG's lol

Thanks again, i'm rethinking my 235 thoughts with all the info and pictures. I think Jegs is spying on me because now i'm getting Drag Radial tire sale emails lol