Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Montemedic

Northeast Mini Meet at the Syracuse Nationals

I am planning the 1st ever, First Generation Monte Carlo Club - Mini Meet at the Syracuse Nationals in Syracuse New York on July 19-21, 2019. This particular show is held on the New York State Fairgrounds which is almost 400 acres in size. It is the largest car show in the Northeast. It had well over 8000 cars with 400 plus vendors at last year’s show and grows bigger every year.This is the 20th Anniversary of this event. 2018 was our first year attending this show and it was outstanding. I attended with 3 other FGMCC members and our Monte’s. We received a lot of traffic and attention,  and met many other Monte owners, who did not know about the FGMCC. We also met some other club members there too. With the blessing of the FGMCC officers, I have decided to hold this Mini Meet. The plans are as follows and are tentative. 

Thursday - pick up registration packet and tickets for Syracuse Nationals upon arrival at the host hotel, Holiday Inn Syracuse- Liverpool 441 Electronics Parkway Liverpool, NY 13088. 

Friday -Carravan to and from the  Syracuse Nationals Car Show, 7am-5pm. ( No FCMCC judging)  Cruise to host hotel for nightly massive “Cruise In”. 

Saturday - caravan to and from the Syracuse Nationals Car Show 7am-5pm. (No FGMCC Judging)  Possibly Dinner together with FGMCC members ??? Pizza or local restaurant and “Bench Racing” afterwards or cruise  to Host hotel for nightly massive “Cruise In” 

Sunday -Breakfast,  Load up and travel home. Show is from 9am-2pm for anyone staying. If this “Mini Meet” is successful, I will work on additional activities and try to secure a hotel with enough parking for club members tow vehicles, trailers and Monte’s at discounted rates in the future. For additional information, and to register, go to www.syracusenationals.com  Any other questions please contact me at Medic9435@yahoo.com, PM me, call or text (631) 445-1958. 

Notice - You must be a FGMCC up to date, dues paying member to participate. This is also not a replacement for either of the Western or Eastern Meets. Thank you, CK Collins aka “Montemedic”. 

CE83DD09-D6CC-436E-8922-742E425CE22D.jpeg

86044EE3-28EB-4B19-BADB-228AB298A3D4.jpeg

D066D964-4E46-4A3F-BDDB-5B409E491A68.jpeg

I'll be there on Wed in the camping area and try and get hooked up with you. Are you staying right at the host hotel?  My brother booked the camping so I will have to go to host hotel to pick up my packet sometime on Thursday, any idea when your rolling in?

Steve, We rolled in last time around lunch time. We are not staying at the host hotel. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express- Dewitt in East Syracuse. 

We look forward to seeing you there and this becoming an annual event. Spread the word !!!

If at all possible and my key switch doesn't break, I'll be there on Saturday. I'd like to meet up with you on Saturday, could save a space for me?post-259-0-61935100-1474727657_thumb.jpg

We will all be parking together once we figure out where we will land. Parking is first come, first served. I will have a tent with the club banner and post where we are. Hopefully your Monte will be up and running and you will able to join us. Looking forward to seeing you and spread the word. We are looking for a good turnout !!!

CK how long of a drive is it from LI?

It’s approximately 325 miles from where you are on Long Island. We drive it in 6-7 hrs depending on traffic and pit stops. 

Thanks I will talk to my buddy and see if he wants to take a ride.

1 hour ago, willie said:

Thanks I will talk to my buddy and see if he wants to take a ride.

Be great to see you again Willie, it really is a great time. This is the one show I have never missed, of coarse it is very close to home too.

Jim they don't really let people save spots but with some creative parking it can be done, not that I would ever break any rules :k

Same here Steve, would love to see everyone. I am set to go to mini at Carlisle just have to see if my buddy Ben can also make it to Syracuse. I might have to go get another job.lol

This is a great mini-meet too start here in upstate NY. The last time I was there(2014), I saw at least 15 First Gen's there and only a few were members. I remember handing out all my FGMCC cards to folks. Sure would be great to see them all in one spot on the grounds. I think if you were going the whole 4 days there ,the best place to be sitting would be at the front gate to see them come in each day. Its the biggest on the East Coast I know of. Lake George, Atlantic City are big but ,this one is bigger .They claim 8,000 cars,I know it's got to be close to 10,000 (through the gate each day) ,because all can not fit on the grounds. Any car, any year, customs, gassers, lowriders, and don't forget any car that is in a Magazine or online media will be there. You can't get to see all of them in a day either. minimum 2 days and you still won't see all of them. I hope things work out for me to be there, may not have my Monte  ready by that time though, going through some changes(never done are they?) .Be good to see the "Saprano's" (Long Island Crew) there too. Each one of there cars are a special treat in my mind.post-259-0-61935100-1474727657_thumb.jpg

Jim, Last year was the Sopranos first visit to the Syracuse Nationals. It is an outstanding and massive car show venue. We were extremely impressed with it. We displayed our Monte’s on Friday and had a lot of traffic and interest. We also handed out all of our FGMCC cards and met many Monte owners. Word spread quickly. On Saturday they all decided to come park together with us, around us or near us. That was what made my decision to try to organize and get this Mini Meet up and running. Thankfully, my “Soprano” brothers are willing to assist me with this mission. As you know, the gates for parking on the NYS Fairgrounds opens at 1201am on Friday morning. Vehicles are lined up for hours prior waiting to get in and get their prime parking spaces. All of the roadway and grass area parking were taken prior to our 7am arrival. We found a good area near an intersection with tons of traffic and parking stantions to secure our pop up tents to. Hopefully we will be able to secure this area again. We were able to expand parking as we needed. At one point last year, I believe there were 12-14 Monte’s parked by us. I will contact those that I know are coming, as to where we land. We do use our Monte’s daily to caravan to and from the show, go out to dinner and attend the the excellent nightly “Cruise In” at the Syracuse Nationals Host hotel. The city of Syracuse does really roll out the red carpet for this event and does it’s best to accommodate everyone. It is really a great event and well worth taking the ride to check it out and join us and make this 1st Mini Meet a success. Membership forms will be available onsite too. 

Its definitely worth the trip, here's an example of how many people are there. I knew where the group was parked as I visited with them friday but never made it over there on Saturday looking around at everything. You really can get lost in a hurry there. Lots of great stuff to see and do at fairgrounds and around town too. CK if theres anything I can do to help you have my number.  See you all there.

If you've never been to a show of this magnitude, you're in for a treat.  Something for everyone.  I'll be up at least for Saturday (not sure if we're in for any overnights in the 'Cuse) but hopefully I can park with you guys.  That back lot where the gang was last year is probably the best bet for a group gathering, IMO.  Here's a few of us last year!

fgmcc.jpg