Body Trim

19Monte70

Anyone have a diagram for trim. My Monte it was all off for repaint. The previous owner never put it back on. I know this sounds like I am stupid but I suffered a injury that affects my ability to just figure things out without detailed instructions. Used to be I could generally look at something and say yep it goes like this . I miss that as it's frustrating to have to rely on others for help.  I understand the frustration of someone who has learning disabilities it's no fun. 

Thanks

Hey Steve,  Sorry for your disability. You came to the right place. We are all here to help.  Now what do you need a pic of what pieces of trim go where? Or how they attach? Let us know and we will get a pic for you.

• Like 1

IMG_1059.JPG.1e1720ceccc17a82c9c155aa6efdb825.JPGIMG_1060.JPG.649abe5bcd3fa0b5883453dfc881b920.JPGIMG_1061.JPG.c2e5ad34e8566d7c395ef6ec0a0b7188.JPG112555433_IMG_10631.JPG.0a79bf3b28d80c26930cec00187a7d8d.JPGHere you go Steve not very good with the comp but I am getting better. lol  As Steve L. can tell you. lol   Hope this helps if not let us know what you need.

IMG_1065.JPG

• Like 2

Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner, I know where pieces go but not how they attach or how the supplied parts work. I have both fenders both quarters just not the lower chrome below door. Those diagrams and pictures help Thank you. 

Here is the Kit for the 10 Pc. that covers the Body Lower Side Moldings only.  You can procure these from the Parts Place if you need them and they are packaged identifying location.

The bottom Body Sill Rocker Moldings use aftermarket Aveco #8400 plastic Clips that can be purchased as well.   10 per side if I'm remembering correctly?  You will also need (2) plastic retainer clips 5/16" x 5/16" with a threaded hole thru the center of it plus (2) stainless sheet metal screws to secure Plastic retainer at rear of Rockers..     

As far as how to install them?   Each individual Lower Trim piece on one side would be secured exactly as the other side.  The trick is laying out half of the fasteners on one side where they would go and then taking your time, fasten them based on a combo of the clips & screws needs.

When I installed the plastic square clips, I then slipped the molding over the bottom until held by the clips and then gently pull up on Molding, with gentle force pushing inward toward vehicle and Molding will clip over the top of plastic clip and your secure (unless in some cases, screws are required to finish the job).

You will find the lower side molding right behind the front tires has 3 nuts that screw into the clips holding them in place on the Body and they are hidden behind the frame.  To remove/secure screws, the best idea is to remove a few screws holding Inner Fenders (rear side of fenders) and pushing Inner Fender in toward vehicle so you can access these 3 screws (both sides).  Still can be awkward but best chance for success. 

Wish I could offer you a step by step but my rememberer doesn't work like it used to.  I will send you a Link to a thread I had when I did mine.  Maybe it will help some and others likely can provide a more detailed and precise instructional advise.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-72-Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo-Body-Side-Molding-Trim-Hardware-Clip-Kit-New/271204197540?hash=item3f2507a4a4:g:7TYAAOSwmtJXViRs 

ROCKER MOLDING CLIP.jpg

Best of luck and it really isn't that hard as far as locations.  It has more to do with feel when installing.

Doug

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your help. I do have the 10 piece trim that's what I am installing. I was surprised no instructions with it. I do need to order that sill piece and plate for inside as money allows. Good thing is The Parts Place is only 45 minutes away. My buddy who works for Auto Meter not far from them said you can walk in and buy parts saves on shipping. He got Herman running like a top last night. He's now ALIVE........ I call it herman as it reminds me of Herman Munster...

I am still so lost I have the dynacorn trim hardware kit. No instructions whatsoever. Kit is m1504. I have the front fenderand rear quarters trim mounted by both bumpers. It's the door and rear of front fender and beginning of quarters I cannot figure out. 

Here's what they look like for the doors, they snap into the door then the molding snaps over the plastic piece. If I remember correctly they are the same on front of quarter panel and I believe a screw goes in the rear door jam. The rear of the front fender is different hopefully someone will have a picture of them for you.

IMG_0236.jpg

7 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Here's what they look like for the doors, they snap into the door then the molding snaps over the plastic piece. If I remember correctly they are the same on front of quarter panel and I believe a screw goes in the rear door jam. The rear of the front fender is different hopefully someone will have a picture of them for you.

IMG_0236.jpg

Thank you I can totally visualize it now. The fenders I believe they painted over the holes so that might be a challenge figuring out where. I believe might be some filler in the fenders too so that could be it. 

I have everything on but front fenders. When they painted it they painted over mounting holes. I also don't see a way to reach the bolts to put nuts on. Do I have to remove fenders or fender wells? I wonder how much a body shop would charge just to put them on. I am pushing my limits as it is with my back injury ugh I hate this. It sucks not being able to do things anymore. 

I loosened the fender skirts an the lower fender bolts. It is still a very tight fit to get your hand in that tight space. Be careful not to scrape the paint at the front door....ask me how I know....good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get the bolts to break on first fender. Only this and rocker panel trim to put on. Arghhhh I might have to put it on hold until funds come for body shop to put on.