dakota digital install questions

bigscaht

hey guys, so I'm installing this Dakota digital hdx dash and I'm kinda confused. I have a 72 a/c car withstock gauge cluster with idiot light. My question is when hooking up the fuel gauge can I just take the pink wires that went through the original cluster, pull them out the cluster plug and route them to the digital box? and can I take from the same plug, the blue wires for the turn signals and run those to the digital turn signals?

When I installed mine I used the factory wiring for everything except I did run a separate ground to the gas tank because I was getting very erratic readings on the ohm meter(I still need to drop the tank and adjust the float because I have run out of gas twice, it is empty when it gets to a 1/4 on the gauge). I used the stock placement for the turn indicators because I wanted it to look somewhat stock. It took my son in-law Jamie and I two weekends to get everything working correctly. I am well satisfied with the results although we did re calibrate the speed-o about a month ago. It was off over 5MPH and now is within 1MPH. The hardest part for us was getting the correct wire hooked up the corresponding connections on the control box for the HDX

you ran a separate ground from the tank to the hdx box or grounded it to the chassis? and did you use the original wires from the gauge harness or did u pick up the signals from else where?

thanks bro