Lookie what showed up (1971SS454)

Hoodicoff1

A well travelled 1971ss that went halfway  across the  continent, to return an hour away from its original home :p .Been giving it some lovin' in the past few days.New plugs cap and rotor, lotsa penetrating fluid on everything. Got the trunk release working, lights, dome light, even the underhood key reminder buzzer is working! The more I get into this car the more she wants to come alive and work. :) 

DSC_0472.JPG

• Like 3

A lot of cleaning,  shampooed the rug, armour-alled the vinyl, even got some soap and water in the trunk. Gonna have a long road ahead of me. But I will looking forward to every minute of travel  

DSC_0469.JPG

DSC_0476.JPG

DSC_0474.JPG

• Like 1

Loaded with lots of cool options too. Most of which I have gotten working again after sitting all these years. The last time it was insured and on the road was 1990

DSC_0461.JPG

DSC_0460.JPG

Built at the same plant as mine, built April 27th 1971,  just a few weeks older, cool!

8542 cars later

Looks like a DNA match to me! 😁

• Like 1

Vaughn shoot me a message. I need your phone number. Gotta get the paperwork sorted out so I can get it in my name! This ole blue beast is itching to be back on the road

DSC_0479[1].JPG

Hey I recognize That car............. hahahaha.......   So it Travelled 6000 miles yet the odometer didnt move at all LOL......

Great Steve..

Darren

• Haha 1

So on the Canadian GM Docs Steve the only way to get Vaughns name changed to yours as silly as it sounds is to call George Zappora or email him and order the GM docs again from him.

the Doc forms will ask who is making the Inquiry and address and such so when its researched and found on micro fish its then printed out with Your Inquiry info and then sent off to you.

when I did mine with Larry Demmings help it was $129cdn and took 6 days and it came all done.

kebin will have to do the same now with my 71ss too.

hope that helps.

and the registration on the car should be a piece of cake but Take lots of pictures into get plates because after 10 years BC purges history into a different file. So when they first search nothing will come up and they will assume its an out of province car.

but when you give and show them the Plate they now have something to visualize that it was registered in bc and look in purge files and reactivate the vin and re issue you plates without OOP issues..

Darren

E30F4329-BE7E-4C37-81C4-2DD418CF5A38.jpeg

I still have the original registration for the car. If I can get some signed transfer papers from the original owner (if he's still alive!) It should make thing a lot simpler. Just wasn't sure if the registration was already transferred into Vaughn's name or not 

1 hour ago, smokinquack said:

Just curious, on the spec sheet it says 454 Engine with bright accents.  What are the bright accents?

It is referring to “bright accents dual exhaust” with the bright accents being the chrome exhaust tips.

I was confused myself. I figured the RPO description was just copied wrong. The Monte's would have never come with the chrome valve covers and chrome air cleaner. 

received_2416010305300799.jpeg

Nice score. I said I'm done buying montes to keep for myself as I have 3..but if a #s 71 SS comes along cheap I will be tempted. Lol

• Like 1

Here's the first day it has been on the road since May of 1990! Almost 30 years. I did change the rad hoses, and belts and some wiring. But in the past 2 days: The rear brake lines have catastrophically failed, the thermostat was stuck open, finally opened up,one of the heater hoses split, started spraying coolant everywhere an impromptu rainstorm, dried up wipers weren't a good mix and the tires are egg shaped, but it HAULLSSSS ASSSS! HEHE! 

DSC_0543.JPG

• Like 1