Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Trav Eslinger

Replacement for lead filler?

While welding in the new windshield chanel I melted out some of the factory lead from this corner.  I was thinking of filling it with kwiksteel and sanding before I epoxy the car (hopefully this weekend!  I started in november.) anyone had this issue?  What are your recommendations to fill?

The second picture is the base of the quarter window on the sail panel.  It was cracked, so I had to remove the filler there to weld it up.  What would you use there?

751DDFDB-5001-491A-A873-90488EDCFABF.jpeg

29DD5B76-6BEB-4324-802B-CA68AB7B6238.jpeg

I've used solder (not silver solder) when putting quarter panels on in the past, but in a case like yours....wouldn't be worth the effort in regards to getting all the tools etc to do the repair. Plus if you're not careful, adding more heat to repair may open the whole thing up and make a bigger mess. All-Metal filler by USC will work. It's waterproof,  and very durable. You could probably use Dura-Glas from them as well. It's a green, fiber reinforced filler, very durable too.

I was gonna recommend the Dura Glass that Joe mentioned. It is a very good product for this kind of application