what kind of air cleaner filter?

rsorg

i have a big block and original air cleaner what kind of air cleaner filter is everybody using ,i heard that k and n are good and bad, or what kind of good paper filter would be good for good air flow, thanks

Wish I had seen this earlier.  I had my Monte out earlier this evening and checked out the air cleaner before driving it much this year and I would have looked at the name brand on it.  I think I installed it last year because it looks brand new.

rob

Despite what manufacturers would have you believe, paper air filters all flow pretty good and none flow significantly "more".

Wix/CarQuest air filters usually have more pleats resulting in more filtration square inches.

Oiled air filters such as K&N can actually flow less because it's harder to get air through wetted cotton filter media.

If you're running a stock style closed air filter cover, any paper filter will do fine.

An open filter such as what Steven above uses works great because the air comes through the top and doesn's have to make a sharp turn to get into the throttle body.

i have decided to go with an ac348 air filter for my closed or original air cleaner thanks for the imput from all 

roger