Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers

It is official, I HAVE A COOL CAR!!!!  That's right, my winter project on my Monte was to get the original Air Conditioning in my Monte working.  I had my compressor rebuilt by Original Air Products in Ft. Worth, Texas.  I purchased all new lines, POA Valve, Expansion Valve and Drier/Receiver.  I removed out/flushed out the evaporator coil and the condenser coils and reassembled the system. 

Tonight I took the car and had a vacuum put on it to remove any moisture and check for leaks and then we recharged the system.  It now blows nice cool conditioned air.  I have been wanting to do this for many years.  

So, now if my Monte wasn't cool enough before it is, for sure, a Cool Car.  It will be nice to drive to Carlisle and the Eastern Meet in comfort.

rob

Congrats on a project well done!  Thanks for the pics, updates and info! Keep cool! Lolol😀

Sorry, couldn't resist. 

I think she was always COOL but now she is "COOLER".   lol   enjoy Rob!!!

12 minutes ago, willie said:

I think she was always COOL but now she is "COOLER".   lol   enjoy Rob!!!

Thanks Willie

So now it's SUPER COOL!!!!! Congrats!! I know these old systems are not the easiest to get right so it's a job well done!!

Steve

when it is 90 degrees in pittsburgh pa. I'm sure you will be driving around with your windows rolled up tight just so we will know lol

AC is nice especially in a Monte Carlo

cool cool cool........