Anyone help decode this odd paint code

I have a 72 Monte Carlo custom and can’t seem to find this color code “19” I’ve looked at a couple decoding guides and it says that is the color code location. Thanks new member here I have a a account on 67-72 Chevy/gmc truck board also. 

CDAE146E-3954-40B4-8117-D08536E9A0BE.jpeg

2 hours ago, 72Custom said:

I have a 72 Monte Carlo custom and can’t seem to find this color code “19” I’ve looked at a couple decoding guides and it says that is the color code location. Thanks new member here I have a a account on 67-72 Chevy/gmc truck board also. 

Welcome Zeb.....!  Yes Code 19 in 1972 was Special Order only and is as mentioned Black.

I also have an account on the 67-72 Club as well....... 71 C10 Shortbed Custom Deluxe...

Darren

There is no other way of getting a build sheet other than finding it in the car itself. Even then, some members have found build sheets for cars other than their own. 

It appears to be built in Kansas. You may find it by searching in your car. In/under your seats or on top of the gas tank are common places you may find a build sheet but no guarantee.

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

It appears to be built in Kansas. You may find it by searching in your car. In/under your seats or on top of the gas tank are common places you may find a build sheet but no guarantee.

Why would they put one on top of the gas tank? I’m actually putting a new gas tank in very soon. Hopefully it survived that long in North Dakota.

Technically they aren’t supposed to be anywhere in the car. The workers are supposed to throw them out but some manufacturing plants were not too strict on that rule.

• 1 year later...

Hey all, trying to do some digging on my 72 Monte Carlo and found this thread and I need some assistance from the guru’s. I bought the car in primer with no info on factory color and the cowl tag is confusing me because it doesn’t have a frickin color code on it! Beside the body and PNT part of the tag is blank! is there any other location on the car other than the cowl? 

Ben,

If you could, please take a picture of the body tag and post it here for us we may be able to help you out.

rob

• Like 1