Front U & L Control arms - Torque specs

Any idea how much to torque the uppers as well?  Also I would appreciate it very much if someone can tell me what size nuts and bolts to use for the lower end of the shocks?  Thanks in advance.

Nuts and bolts on the lower shock mounts? There is a lower shock mount for that.

Most of the original style, bolt to the rear end, then the shock slides onto that, finished off with a large washer, lock washer and nut. 

Then there is the one that sometimes comes with aftermarket shocks. Which goes through the shock, towards the rear, then a thick spacer/washer between the shock and rearend. Then goes through the rear end  where you install a washer and nut. 

As far as just a bolt, please nooooo. 

The bolts that hold the upper control arm cross shaft to the chassis are 7/16" so torque their nuts to 70 lb-ft

The end nuts on the cross shaft are pretty big, I'm not sure the size but I'd say torque them to 80~100 lb-ft.

You are joking right? Lololol do not use any bolt for the rear lower shock mount. You can go to your local auto store and get the correct mounting hardware. But, if you insist on using a bolt, good luck! 

8 hours ago, monte70z20 said:

Any idea how much to torque the uppers as well?  Also I would appreciate it very much if someone can tell me what size nuts and bolts to use for the lower end of the shocks?  Thanks in advance.

Do you mean lower fronts? the orig were 5/16-18 bolts and clip nuts that attached to lower a frame. Not sure if aftermarket would be different.

Lol wow! My bad. Misread that! 🥴 I don't know how I got the rear shocks out of all that. Yes you can use nut and bolts for the lower front shock to a-frame mounting. I believe a 1/2 inch head bolt nut combo is the size. 

Sorry everyone if that was confusing, I should have stated it was the front shocks I was referring to.  Through all the replies, you gave me the answers I was looking for.  Thanks so much to all of you!!