1971 402 4speed build...

MC1of80

Replaced both quarter panels (AMD), tulip panel (amd), rear speaker shelf/panel, trunk floor (had in stock), complete floor (had in stock), lower cowl, passenger side ( in stock), installed 4speed hump and bucket seat brackets from measurements taken from original floor.  Repaired rot to drivers lower fender and installed NOS passenger fender. 

Removed original 4speed frame, installed extra rolling frame to repair a couple of body mount holes in the original frame and eventually powder coat it. 

Actually my brother did all the welding, I have to thank him, I do the bodywork. Lol we make a good team. Also, my son has been elbow deep in this so far also, learning all aspects. 

• Like 1

You work fast, lol. Almost like on TV, where a full restoration gets done in a 1 hour episode :grin:.

If only it was that simple huh?

Thomas, very impressive work.  Thanks for sharing all of those pictures.  It looks like the 402 4-speed may have originally been Classic Copper.

rob

• Like 1

Yes Rob. Originally classic Copper, dark saddle interior with white vinyl top. It will be painted classic Copper with the dark saddle interior, just not 100% sure about the white vinyl top. 

• Like 1

Tom, I'm not sure if you are saying it was an original two-tone painted car with Classic Copper body and Classic White painted roof or if it had a white vinyl top.  If you like the contrast of the two colors go with the two-tone.  My Monte is an original two-tone painted car and I love how it looks and you don't have the issues of rust under the vinyl roof.  I love the Classic Copper.  It is my favorite 71 color.

rob

Hey Tom is that what they mean when they say a New York minute? Even though we know it took at least a week. Congrats on the start of the rebuild on it, she looks sweeeeet!!!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

A few pics I found on my phone. Check out the one with the original stamp of the material on the roof after using paint stripper. 

IMG_20180422_140603.jpg

IMG_20180331_140442.jpg

IMG_20180310_151617.jpg

KIMG17861.jpg

KIMG17781.jpg

KIMG17741.jpg

IMG_1623.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

• Like 2

Yes my neighbors are great and put up with a lot God Bless them. It also helps that next door is a 67 Chevelle that needs work done from time to time. So when they ask for help we always try to help them out. 

• Like 4