Windows felt set for 1971?

71MonteCarloMD

Hi. Yes they sell the window felt kits for Monte Carlos. You can get just the outers, on the body or a complete set of inner and outers. There are 2 styles. One for the wide belt mouldings like on a custom and the "regular" style. Also have a choice of flat or rounded style for the "regular" style. 

The screw you refer to is for the door weatherstrip. 

Lol looks like both the flat on the door panel and round for the door/outside. I feel it's more of a personal preference unless you are going parts correct show car. 

Hey Rick, I haven't gotten that far yet but I have a complete set I purchased from Luttys  The insides are held on by staples, the outsides are screwed in. In the package was directions they say before you take off the interior panel loosen the staples up with a screw driver because they are held in place and your not chasing them all over. then take off the panels and use a cutting plyiers to completely remove them. Then install the new ones.

Yes, you can get the outsides only. OPGI, The Parts Place, Koniks, etc. Just Google search  71 Monte Carlo window felts and choose. 

I bought My outside from The Parts Place Inc. I bought some of the custom moldings from Cory(from MI) I can not remember his screen name and had Murphy refurbish them. The felts I got from them were good except I had to modify them for the custom moldings. Cory got some that were correct

The Custom Moldings do not have that chrome strip running along the length of the outside felts.  That strip of chrome would get in the way of the Belt Moldings that are standard on the 72 Customs so they are made without that chrome strip.  That's the only difference..................

Doug