Aluminum Radiators

Leghome

Leghome, you can go to the auto parts store and get a replacement radiator for our cars. They are aluminium withe plastic tanks. Work real well at cooling and are cheap and fit. Just a thought...

Not for nothing but the best cooling radiator is a copper one and there are plenty of companies that you can get one from. Give it a google search.

My understanding is the only benefit to an aluminum radiator is weight savings..... oh, and they look really cool!!

My 2 Cents,

Steve

I went with this one from Engineered-products because I liked their write-up on how it cools better then others.  Be sure to scroll down and read their info.  No issues since installed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BEST-1970-1971-1972-1973-1974-Monte-Carlo-Aluminum-Radiator-NO-3-ROW-JUNK/392088719513?fits=Year%3A1970|Model%3AMonte+Carlo&epid=3021747170&hash=item5b4a4f1099:g:IhsAAOxyzGlQ8IWJ:sc:UPSGround!18034!US!-1

Good luck!!
Mike

I went the "cheap" route when I did mine and bought SUM-380457.  Dropped in like it was made for it, was less expensive than other aluminum radiators (although admittedly not as fancy as some) but most importantly cooled a mildly built BBC with A/C in the Phoenix summer heat!

I went with the aluminum Radiator that Mike Brichta recommended and it looks great. Should have it installed this weekend or next weekend. Looks really well constructed and everything looks to match perfectly

The new radiator is installed. Only a couple of minor hiccups other than those it was an easy job. Took it for a test drive and outside temp was above 90 and the car only reached 195 sitting at a stoplight. Two weeks ago before the change it was reading 210 to 220 without the air running. A very nice improvement