Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
sjmarsing

In Utah, at a crossroad

A member of the club built that black 71 years ago here in British Columbia. He had a lot of money in it with an LS swap, custom interior, nicely done. He sold it when he moved to Mexico. I saw it sell once more at an auction near where I live and lost track of it from there.

As for painting you are discovering the reality of what it costs. $10k is not out of line and could be more if they discover more issues along the way. Many shops are busy enough with insurance work that they don’t take on restorations. They are guaranteed to get paid by insurance companies too so less risk than dealing with individuals with old cars.

At this point I’d keep it. Too much time and memories and money put into it for someone to try and talk you down to $3,400. I had a sweet 87 Monte when I was 17 and I still regret selling it for like $1,500. I wish I still had it today 33 years later. But in the end I got my 72 Dream Car.