Wiring for Fiber Optic Washer Bottle

gdubya

Anyone have the wiring schematic (and pictures) of the fiber optic set up?  My car has the option but was removed at some point and i am attempting to get it hooked up.

I believe it is grounded to the horn relay or the key buzzer circuit behind the driver side headlight and perhaps the connector ends plug into the washer motor???

Thanks

I found this in the Chevelles forums:

RPO CD-2 actually had three different designs & time tables.
The first early cars design had a power hook up directly to the hot side on the Horn Relay,and grounded at the fender well.The lamp in the Float top illuminated the paddle Green or Red,depending on how much Washer Fluid you had.This would signal the driver of his status through a Fiber optic cable & Detector eye mounted under the steering column panel.This worked Ok,until Chevrolet had complaints that it was ALWAYS illuminating once the ignition was on.They did not want this to be continually glowing,even when the washer Fluid was not even a concern.

So Chevrolet redesigned the Harness to get power rather crudely off the Hot Wiper Motor Wire during mid production.They just pigtailed it in,but still grounded it at the fender well.This new hook up allowed this option to ONLY be functional when the WASHER/WIPER switch was activated.Not burning ON all the time & it did not matter how many prongs the switch had,as it was wired in at the Engine compartment,right in front of the wiper motor.

Then Chevrolet cleaned up it's act and had a third and final design,with the previous design,but with a Professional black plastic Male/Female connector to jump right into the Wiper Motor harness in the engine compartment.This was their final production design before being cancelled.
This is documented in the Chevrolet TSB's & Service news for 1970.
So far I have collected many examples of these RPO CD-2 designs.

I'll add my own knowledge to this:

The wiper motor positive wire receives power anytime the ignition key is in the "run" position so for the version that "gets power" from the wiper motor (the above second version) would have to get a ground from one of the two ground wires coming from the wiper switch. The wiper switch only provides grounds in three differing combinations.

Thanks Paul. I definitely have the 3rd design as there is a pigtail connector that appears to plug into the wiper motor between the motor itself and current wiring. I think it gets grounded at the buzzer or horn relay based on the connector. 

I would be great if someone on the forum had a picture of the set up.