1970 gobie beige color input?

Hello, members, I have a chance to buy  a 1970 monte , garage kept, 51k mile car. No rust , but in one spot, drivers fender behind the lower chrome moulding needs a patch. It is a  small block car # match drivetrain. gobie beige with white or crème white top. The interior like new, light saddle buckets and factory gauges with air condition blowing cold. It is at a body shop waiting on a color pick. It has not been sanded down yet.  I just purchased from the same gentleman, a 1972 monte in special order paint phantom blue, with 34,200 original miles, small block , no top. blue bench seat. I have 5 1972 montes. One is a 402, so I have that big block itch, is taken care of ,for now. Running out of room. I,m going to have to buy a car trailer. If I buy the 1970, or sell one of my project cars. My question is how desirable is gobie beige. Also inside trunk lid looks new with factory labels looking new  and door jambs wont need painting, less cost at shop?  I lean toward 1972.   I know 1970 is what people lean toward and better resale value. I,m leaning towards keeping it gobie beige and maybe end up selling it.  I,m probably going to have about 16k into it finished. All new brakes and everything mechanical has been done. It just needs paint and drive. would it be worth keeping it original color. or is there a higher resale if I make it phantom blue or black?  whats your input , Thanks 

IMG_0523.JPEG

Hi. My personal opinion is respraying the 70 gobie beige. From your description that's all the car needs and sounds like a very nice car and color combo. 

On the 72, do you mean the color is fathom blue? That was a 70 color but not a 71-72? Is there a paint code on the trim tag by any chance? 

Thanks for the input Tom. I just don't want to go with a color people don't favor. I just figured these cars only come around original once. I am a dark color fan.  1 st owner ordered in 1971 was a special order. I have the original order sheet from dealership. the car is still at the guys garage I bought it from. I need to see my newer car to make room. I will check out cowl tag this Monday when I have it delivered. original tires on car. it says color 28 fathom blue on work order. I wonder how rare does it make it.. whats the difference between fathom blue and the mulsanne blue offered in 72? anyone know? 

If someone is looking for an original car changing the color may hurt the resale ,but you never know who is going to come look at it. I have a 72 Covert tan Monte and always hear from people that it is nice to see one that is not black,blue or red. I also have a Black and red Monte's in the family lol. So my vote is beige.

KIMG0659.JPG

I'm a big believer in originality, I also light Gobie beige with the white top. With in door jams and truck in original condition I would think that the re-paint would less expensive. I would vote to leave it the original color. Good luck with the car.... 

I certainly like to keep them original but my 71 SS is not the colour it was born with and I don’t think it hurts the value. It was originally Rosewood but now is Classic Copper.

Yea I,m thinking keep it the same. I have never seen the color in person. I,m thinking I have no garage space for a freshly painted car. Too many cars, need a bigger garage.  I will get car out of shop and wait until I have a garage to preserve fresh paint. Or put 16k away towards a big block car. lol