Windshield and Rear window molding removal

Guest Tazzyrat

Guest Tazzyrat

Im looking for a little insight on how to remove the trim molding from the windshield and rear window. I just destoryed the lower left molding on the back window. Not sure how to get the clips to unlock from the molding. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Hey Mike,

There is a tool you can buy to remove it, not sure if you have one but my husband said it works like a dream. Tool lays flat on glass and slides under moldings to find clips and release their grip. It is available at Original Parts Group part #CVT0039, but they were out of stock when we were there so we had our local auto parts store order us one. Here is a picture of it.

WindowMoldingTool.jpg

Hope this helps,

Jaylene

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well glad to be of service when I can. I am by no means mechanical....I still have to say "Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey" every time I turn a screw (and sometimes I still get it wrong) Actually I have mastered screwdrivers...its the ratchets and drills that I am always going backwards. I drive Mike bonkers tightening things when I am supposed to be loosening...or vice versa.

nutzJaylene