Antique License Plates....

My72Monte

Does anybody know a good place to look for old license plates? I'm looking for a 1972 Georgia License plate, in good condition. I've been told there is a place online that deals with old plates, but I don't know what it is. I've searched but no luck.

Thanks,

Josh

I think Year One sells year specific date stamped tags for Georgia. They are located in Georgia so they must snatch them up and restore. - Dave

The place Mike/Mikstudie pointed out is pretty decent, I found them a couple years ago but just haven't gotten around to getting a set. I did however suggest them to Capri here on the site and she purchased a customized set from them.

I got to look at them in person when she was at a car show and now I will definately get a set myself after using her as the guinee pig... grin

Did they make plates in Georgia in 72 that had the year on them? They don't list them on that site, but I'm sure they would make a set for you if you asked them.

Here's a link directly to the page with Georgia plates...Georgia plates

Click on the plate and then you can personalize it and see what it will looks like.

I would not doubt they would use whatever colored plate you wanted mixed with any year as they have to set the dies up anyways when stamping it.

Bill

I've already checked the laws, and I can't use it unless it is 1970 and earlier. That was my plan in the beginning, but now I would like to have one posted on the front. I did look on ebay, but no 1972 Georgia plates except a "manufacturer" plate that already had a few bids on it and it was already $20 or higher. But thank you for all the sources everyone has given me. I think I'll just go with the source that 502ci gave me. That way I can have a custom letter and number combo.

Josh

The place Mike/Mikstudie pointed out is pretty decent, I found them a couple years ago but just haven't gotten around to getting a set. I did however suggest them to Capri here on the site and she purchased a customized set from them.

I got to look at them in person when she was at a car show and now I will definately get a set myself after using her as the guinee pig... grin

Did they make plates in Georgia in 72 that had the year on them? They don't list them on that site, but I'm sure they would make a set for you if you asked them.

Here's a link directly to the page with Georgia plates...Georgia plates

Click on the plate and then you can personalize it and see what it will looks like.

I would not doubt they would use whatever colored plate you wanted mixed with any year as they have to set the dies up anyways when stamping it.

Bill

Months later, the TRUTH comes out!! I was a guinea pig!! LOL!!

Bill is right, they are very nice and I am very happy EXCEPT after the fact, Greg wishes we would have had the Ohio 1971 plate done in plain black & white since the current yellow color resembles drunk driving plates!! The only diff is the shade of the yellow & dui plates have red lettering. LOL! Oh well, I still like them & they worth the $65 each they cost!