DOOR SEALS

420ponies

I'm having a little trouble with my door seals/power windows.When removed(door seals)windows go up and down Great!!.With door seals in place windows go down and up slowly like they are binding on seals?. mostly where the door seal and roof rail meet.Any suggestions?Also door seals are pulling away from plastic pins(these neeeded to be cut down on the tip wouldn'nt go thru hole)at the ends of door seals.Plus the doors need extra help to close all the way.Soft Seal weatherstrips.I NEED SOME HELP!! I've spent over 6 hrs on alignment of the windows with the help of service manuals.Got them pretty close but now they bind with the weatherstrips(door seal/roofrail).Worse when the doors are closed I might add. Maybe some patience,...I've reached it!!

I bought some Softseal trunk weather stripping in Indy this summer and everyone I talked to after I bought it told me I would have trouble closing the trunk because soft seal isn't the best one to use. I have also heard this with the other products they sell.

Rob

We just replaced all of our weather stripping with a softseal kit and are having some of the same issues. We also had difficulties with little plastic pins fitting (the round ones that go at the ends not the white ones that are molded into the stripping) Mike pinched the tips of them and after some cussing got them in. It looks soooo much better then the tattered mess that was there before, but you really have to give the doors a good slam to get them closed and the trunk lid is sticking up a bit also. I was thinking it was just because it was so new and would go down eventually...now I wonder.

I gave up on Softseal after installing them on my 67 Firebird and my 71 Monte. Doors were hard to close, power windows that wouldn't seal properly, slamming trunk. Changed to Metro and all was good again.

Don't tell me that. All I have is SoftSeal upon recommendation. My power windows do squeal going up and down on the drivers side. And I haven't installed the new rubber yet.

If it makes Jaylene and Jim feel any better I used sofseal on my doors and trunk and it worked great. Doors took some pushing and pulling and the trunk stuck up a hair but the trunk seal settled and the doors are all good. A little dab of 3M weatherstrip adhesive here and there helps out too. Nygel.

Thanks Nygel,

Thats what I was hoping to hear...they look so good. I had also heard good reviews on them which is why I bought the kit. We replaced all the rubber we could when we repainted. I was looking at the trunk last night and I think part of the problem could be the new rubber stoppers we put in...I think they might be a bit thicker than the original...so I might pull them off and grind them down a hair and see if that helps...as I just can't see the softseal being that stiff as to hold the trunk up. I'll keep you posted.

Jaylene