Rear Seat Removal

Nygel

Can somebody help me out? I will be removing my rear seat to replace the seatbelts and although I could probably figure it out as I go I figured I would ask for advice or tips on this. Are the back and bottom hooked in or are there fasteners somewhere I need to look for? Thanks for any and all help. Nygel.

the bottom of the rear seat is latched in place u will need to push back about 6" from the ends. once the bottom is out u shouldnt need to take the upper half out unless u r lookin for a build sheet. then u have two 3/8 bolts u will have to take out and push the upper half up to get it off the hooks. hope that helps nygel

The seat bottom needs to come out first. This is done by pushing rearward at the bottom of the seat frame, about 8 to 10 inches in from the ends, and then lifting up. The seat back is bolted in at the bottom. Take the bolts out and lift the seat back straight up.

If you are just changing seat belts, you shouldn't need to remove the seat back.

You can always stick your cheek next to the carpet and take a peek with a flashlight to see exactly what you are dealing with...then follow the above advice... wink

Bill