monte70car

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest FATRAT

the wife is wanting a louder exhaust.. so im thinking im gna cut it right behind the mufflers and do turndowns

yea..nay??

opinions

it says i cant use the shout box frown

I have electric cuotouts on my Monte and the nice thing is your can 'tune' your exhaust from 'through mufflers' to 'open header' all the way inbetween...

Not cheap, but a nice feature!

check the laws before you cut. also on how loud to go some police have a db meter so they can give you a ticket if the car is to loud. are you looking at redoing the exhaust or just more sound? if you want more sound look into the 69 exhaust option its called chamber exhaust its basicly stright pipe that has bends in it cost around $500 headers to tail pipes. if its just mufflers maybe go with the one chamber flowmaster but to let you know they are loud and you will get a ticket as its a race muffler. let me know if you would like a link to the 69 chamber exhaust.

the amer. thunder exhaust has changed since i got my they org. came with the 30 series muffler which is a 2 chamber muffler i believe. the 30 series was discounted when the super 40's came out. we have three cars each one has a different series of flowmaster on it the monte with the 30's el camino with the super 40's and the nomad which has delta flow 40's. all three cars have 2.5" exhaust from the header back. my uncle says his 56 belair is to loud and it has 50 series mufflers which are 3 chamber. best bet would be to call flowmaster and ask which muffler they think is best for your car. sound clips really dont give you a good sound as hearing the car in person.

i really dont want to spend any $$.. was just thinking everyone and his brother around here has turndowns and it sounds good on most.. so thought i might do it as well

its a bbc with hooker comp headers.. 2.5 flowmaster amer. thunder exhaust with crossover

would it make it deeper...raspier..???

I've had 3" flowmaster 50's on my car that just ended right before the rear end, and that sounded the best. I currently have 50 series Delta flows with full tail pipes, and it sounds ok, but not nearly as mean as when it ended before the rear.

Deepness will be mostly determined by the diameter of the pipe. The larger the pipe, the lower/deeper and louder the sound.

That is kinda what the Magnaflows I got on there now look. Too much interior noise though.. I need to get some FatMat or something...

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just put a pair of Hooker Aero Chambers on the Monte... 3 1/2" 2' of pipe off both ends... sounds really good!! Nice deep tone. Cheap too for a real muffler and 3 1/2" Ill get a sound clip up when I get around to taken pics of the supercharger and all that...

Tom

• 2 months later...

Here is what I have so far of the new stuff:

new gen v 454, ported/polished, holley 770 avenger, 3/4 hedman

elites with 2.5" aluminized and flowmaster 40's

th_PB070093.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest dieseldust

Dam Capri i just had a look at your exaust clip, dam your car is nice, your paint looks like chrome almost it shines so nice,someone did a fine prep job on the body and paint.

Cheers

James

Thanks for all the videos. Someday when I figure out how to post a video of my Monte's new Torque Tech exhaust system, you can hear mine. 502 w/3", full system, 40 series delte force system with H pipe. It sounds so good.

• 2 weeks later...
Dam Capri i just had a look at your exaust clip, dam your car is nice, your paint looks like chrome almost it shines so nice,someone did a fine prep job on the body and paint.

Cheers

James

Thanks James - it does do well in pictures & it is pretty nice in person for it being a 20+ year old paint job. I would love to have Greg re-paint it but that is not going to happen unless I do some damage and he has no choice.

smile